• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger speculation

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I figure this is worthy of its own thread.

Tiger IMO has played his last tourney of 2008. I fully expect him to undergo a fairly major knee operation as early as this week and announce he is done for the season. This injury is far more serious than Tigers words are saying. His facial expression when asked about it tells a different story. I hope I am wrong but I will be stunned if we see Tiger back this season at all.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'd believe it, but will stay noncommital one way or another.

jerome

Aug 25, 2006
I could see him having that microfracture surgery that a bunch of guys in the nba has had, since it sounds more like cartilage issues. Goodbye to any small hopes the US had of winning the Ryder Cup.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I could see him having that microfracture surgery that a bunch of guys in the nba has had, since it sounds more like cartilage issues. Goodbye to any small hopes the US had of winning the Ryder Cup.

Thats the rumor exactly, plus a lot of torn meniscus being throw around. Either way he done for the year with either surgery. The look on his face at the press conference said it all imo.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i'm wondering, is this knee injury related to his forceful swing after swing? or because he also ran a lot for his workout routine?

i don't know where, but i heard his conditioning consisted of running 6-10miles few times a week.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Him being done for the year really blows...if true.

I know who I'm not picking next major...all the guys I took this time.

I'm going to end up having to buy a mug and a thong...Sling do they come in double XL? I need room for the sock.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
i'm wondering, is this knee injury related to his forceful swing after swing? or because he also ran a lot for his workout routine?

i don't know where, but i heard his conditioning consisted of running 6-10miles few times a week.

The injury is believed to have occurred at Souther Hill last year in the PGA championship. He kind of stumbled during fist pump and has limped ever since. This is where he was believed to have torn his meniscus. This is what I believe exactly.

Cray

Jul 21, 2007
I figure this is worthy of its own thread.

Tiger IMO has played his last tourney of 2008. I fully expect him to undergo a fairly major knee operation as early as this week and announce he is done for the season. This injury is far more serious than Tigers words are saying. His facial expression when asked about it tells a different story. I hope I am wrong but I will be stunned if we see Tiger back this season at all.

It would not surprise me to see Tiger play only the majors. It would not surprise me if he had additional surgery on the knee. I think the best case is he will have more rehab and lay off the knee. Maybe even miss the British Open and come back for the PGA.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
The injury is believed to have occurred at Souther Hill last year in the PGA championship. He kind of stumbled during fist pump and has limped ever since. This is where he was believed to have torn his meniscus. This is what I believe exactly.

i saw the clip of that where he kinda slipped near the fringe, but prior wear and tear could've set the injury. just needed one slight miss step to damage the meniscus.

last one was also the third surgery, so we'll see, if he can bounce back.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
IMHO, I beleive that rest will cure his injury. Having gone through a couple of ACL surgeries (for those that don't know ACL is the knee ligament) rehab, strengthening and rest is the best thing for the knee. All that torque did not help his knee any. It hurt see Tiger swinging as hard as he was and knowing what that pain felt like. I hope you guys are wrong that Tiger will not be coming back this year. If he doesn't return.....Go Old Guys, KP and Rocco!

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
He really should. Just get it all fixed before he's too old and his body can't repair itself.

I mean, he's already got a few years on Jack in terms of majors. Why not, get back to 100% and win some next year, than force it this year and potentially damage it for good.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
And without Tiger on the scene, nobody will be throwing clubs around and swearing!

Good riddance. I was sick of seeing the best player to have ever graced the game of Golf, anyway. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.