• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger speculation

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Does anyone have a video of the awkward fist pump at the 2007 PGA? I can't find one.

It's the one where he was at the side of the green and gave a sideways fist pump and turned, and he went down the hill a bit and didnt know there was a downslope and stepped onto the "invisible step" (we've all done that) that wasnt there and tweaked it.

He's ALWAYS had knee problems, its not like this is new, its just getting more serious.

cabin- haven't seen you around much lately? hopefully you can picture that fist pump:p, i dont know of a vid, but thats the best i could describe it:p.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yup, that one is it!

Lyle, your exactly right I think. I wouldnt see Tiger giving a rats ass about the fedex cup. Honestly havent even thought about it myself since it happened last year.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
imo he wants Majors and that has been his focus from the start.

Tiger will move Heaven and Earth to play in Birkdale and he has about 30 days to get his knee back into shape. If he needs more surgery then forget it. If he just needs rest, physio etc. then he may have a chance. However he will not want to travel without some decent preparation, I doubt he would play cold, but you never know.

He will also want a crack at the USPGA. If things go well he may go Ryder (I could see him swerving this), but otherwise he may not play in anything else in '08.

This would be a pity as we all like to see records tumble in real time. But I guess Woods is not immune to the cold hard realities that face every top athlete faces (and dreads), injury.

We spoke at the start of the year and debated if Woods would win all four majors. I remember the view expressed doubting that he wood. Nothing to do with his ability but more down to the reality that there are so many other factors in play.

But imagine the lift the rest of the field will get if Woods scratches? All of a sudden it is an even field again. Hmmm.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I agree that most likely take all the time he needs until Birkdale before making his decision, he has already sent his entry as logged on the Open website OPENGOLF - News - fullstory. And this was done whilst he was taking time off remember.
But i get the feeling he will not pass up the opportunity to get one major closer to Jack, this said and i cannot beleive that no one has mentioned this, but the injuries Ben Hogan played with post car crash were enough to end any golfers career, but he just strapped up and got on with the job in hand!.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
I agree that most likely take all the time he needs until Birkdale before making his decision, he has already sent his entry as logged on the Open website OPENGOLF - News - fullstory. And this was done whilst he was taking time off remember.
But i get the feeling he will not pass up the opportunity to get one major closer to Jack, this said and i cannot beleive that no one has mentioned this, but the injuries Ben Hogan played with post car crash were enough to end any golfers career, but he just strapped up and got on with the job in hand!.
Well Hogan retired only a couple years later. Tiger probably fully expects to play competitive golf well into his 40s and doesn't want to risk jeopardizing that.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Well Hogan retired only a couple years later. Tiger probably fully expects to play competitive golf well into his 40s and doesn't want to risk jeopardizing that.

Car crash was in 1949 he won his last tournament in 1959, that ten year gap would take Woods into his early forties.

Don Mabry

Jun 18, 2008
Gulf Coast

Did anyone notice that until Tiger hit a so called bad shot,
he didn't make a "grimace of pain"? He seemed to be ok
and no visible pain when hitting a shot he seemed pleased
with...... Also, I believe one of the announcers briefly
mentioned Robert Allenby, or was it Stewart Cink, also
underwent the same knee surgery after the Masters in April
as did Tiger......Nothing more said about that however.....
In my opinion, Tiger was looking for an excuse should he
have lost....... :biglol:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Did anyone notice that until Tiger hit a so called bad shot,
he didn't make a "grimace of pain"? He seemed to be ok
and no visible pain when hitting a shot he seemed pleased
with...... Also, I believe one of the announcers briefly
mentioned Robert Allenby, or was it Stewart Cink, also
underwent the same knee surgery after the Masters in April
as did Tiger......Nothing more said about that however.....
In my opinion, Tiger was looking for an excuse should he
have lost....... :biglol:
First post, and you say something THAT idiotic? :faintthud

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Well his season is over. I am watching the golf channel and on the bottom of the screen there is an announcement stating he will undergo season ending surgery. An official announcement will be made today on the golf channel at Noon EST.

Jaden

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Here's what the golf channel is reporting right now as breaking news:

Tiger Shuts Down the Season - June 18, 2008

Interesting about the stress fracture in his left leg. I've had a stress fracture of one of the tarsal bones in my left foot and it was the single most painful thing I've ever experienced. I can undersand the grimaces now when he would lift his weight off the left leg and then land with force on it.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Well his season is over. I am watching the golf channel and on the bottom of the screen there is an announcement stating he will undergo season ending surgery. An official announcement will be made today on the golf channel at Noon EST.

Jaden

That "pfft" noise you hear is Tim Finchem slashing his wrists.

Rocco is looking better and better for the Ryder Cup. Maybe we can win one for a change.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
DonMabry...

He hit a beautiful cut around that tree, on some hole in the back 9. He was hitting cuts there all week. And he just smashed this one, and he grimaced. Your theory is wrong.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.