• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods '12 anyone?

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
I bumped into this while looking into whether or not a new version was coming out (I am in the process of installing '08 on this computer as I type).

It comes out September 6. This caught my eye.

aimg534.imageshack.us_img534_3849_289772.jpg

:wow::wow::wow:

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I have it on the xbox360. I had never played one of these games before so I can't compare it to other iterations. I can say that the overwhelming amount of content and courses available blew me away. There are two ways to adjust the difficulty so that you can have fun no matter what, and putting is such a perfectly precise, demanding exercise. It is very easy to miss putts if you're not focused.

And Augusta is pretty remarkable. The, "Masters Moments" are thrilling and a bit of a history lesson about some of the most impossible and dramatic events to ever happen at Augusta.

I am very one to heavily scrutinize, but I can say that I've yet to find any downfall of this game. A lot of people whine about having so many additional courses to buy, and they feel cheated about that. But the reality is that there are something like 18 courses available without a single purchase, which is a TON. Having the OPTION to buy more just adds to the long term value of the game.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm still playing 10 I believe...

It's far too easy AFAIC, even on tour difficulty with some practice you can shoot in the 50's fairly easy on that game.

I'm pretty stuck on call of duty though...so i doubt i will bother spending more money on a golf game. Screen shots look really nice though!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I have it on xbox too...but I pre-ordered the game and it came with all the extra courses. You get a lot of perks when you pre-order games anymore. Like the new MW3 coming out...you get all the extra map packs if you pre-order.

I have almost every Tiger Woods game since 2004. The early games I had on PS2. I can say that 2012 is hands down the best one.

Clark, try this game, set the course conditions to hard and play in tour mode...I bet you'll have a hard time breaking par. Putting is ridiculously hard.

SUX, if you're on xb live...we should play sometime. My GT is: golfaholic H

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I have it on xbox too...but I pre-ordered the game and it came with all the extra courses. You get a lot of perks when you pre-order games anymore. Like the new MW3 coming out...you get all the extra map packs if you pre-order.

I have almost every Tiger Woods game since 2004. The early games I had on PS2. I can say that 2012 is hands down the best one.

Clark, try this game, set the course conditions to hard and play in tour mode...I bet you'll have a hard time breaking par. Putting is ridiculously hard.

SUX, if you're on xb live...we should play sometime. My GT is: golfaholic H

I will add you next time i am on there. Getting all the extra courses for free is like saving $50! Thats stellar. Wanna try to get through Halo Reach on legendary? I remember laughing at how many bullets it was taking to bring down elites on heroic. Cant imagine legendary. Not enough bullets.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I will add you next time i am on there. Getting all the extra courses for free is like saving $50! Thats stellar. Wanna try to get through Halo Reach on legendary? I remember laughing at how many bullets it was taking to bring down elites on heroic. Cant imagine legendary. Not enough bullets.

Don't have it. I had Halo 3, played it once and traded it to my little brother for COD: WaW. I don't get to play games rated M much anymore. My son is 3 now and he is crazy enough without showing him how to headshoot someone with a ballistic arrow. So unless it's late at night...I'm usually playing games like Lego: Batman with the boy.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Have this game now.

Love it.

I have not played on 'tour' mode, nor hard course settings...that would be ridiculous...lol

Been playing rounds with my uncle...OTR trucker and has an internet card, so we play on live. Lots of fun. I should really turn up the difficulty though...but I like domination. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I bumped into this while looking into whether or not a new version was coming out (I am in the process of installing '08 on this computer as I type).

It comes out September 6. This caught my eye.

aimg534.imageshack.us_img534_3849_289772.jpg

:wow::wow::wow:

And FYI, i ****ing HATE that hole with a passion.

Forced carry over water with a VERY shallow green? **** that.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'd love to play with you guys! I play on tour pro mostly, but I did play a couple super fun rounds on "tournament." it is so difficult that it's absurd. I think I managed to shoot par. I shoot -15 or better on tour pro just about everywhere.

My gamer tag is uberxeno. If you guys wanna play this weekend I'm into it. Headset and all

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'd love to play with you guys! I play on tour pro mostly, but I did play a couple super fun rounds on "tournament." it is so difficult that it's absurd. I think I managed to shoot par. I shoot -15 or better on tour pro just about everywhere.

My gamer tag is uberxeno. If you guys wanna play this weekend I'm into it. Headset and all

I'll add you. I'm not sure how much time i'll have to play this weekend though...

I jumped up to Tour Pro about 5 rounds ago...I was shooting -18 and lower on pro and was still beating the computer on very very low AI scoring so instead of jumping that to insane, I just upped the difficulty level. The thing that dropped the most shots for me was no putt preview. I'm always burning edges without it.

I don't know how you would putt without the putting meter on this game...it would be a complete crap shoot...

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
It's a riot, honestly. I was hitting putts 20 feet past the hole. I finally settled down and shot near par I think... I HOPE...

We will make an online date! I'm hardly ever on XBLive unless I know someone is on there waiting to play with me. We can try tournament but I'm very comfortably in tour pro too. Putt preview makes the game ridiculously easy, once you're used to Tour Pro.

🔥 Latest posts