• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods car crash?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I say give the guy a break. He didn't ask for every dip shit to stick their noses into his personal life. He didn't put himself on a pedestal, it's his fan's and the media that did that to him. We are the ones that expect nothing less than perfection from him, apparently on and off the course.

All his PR guys need to tell the media is, "it's not golf related therefore it's none of your f*&!ing business. Piss off and find something meaningful in your own life so you can stop sticking your nose into his..."

He does more good for kids through his foundation than any of us could hope to do in a lifetime. It's astounding how quickly that sort of thing is forgotten when something like this happens.

Anyway I'm finished ranting now...
and yes I'm a Tiger fan! ;-)

When your one of the largest global sports celebrities, and you make your the majority of your money because of your fans.. I think people are going to make a big deal. How the hell asks for their personal life to be broadcast? Very few. Tiger is so tight lipped and personal, that it just BEGS for the masses to delve into his personal life once the bubble has burst.

Yeah, he does alot for children.. blah blah blah... He's a role model..blah blah blah... Just because I drop a $20 bill in the Childrens Miracle Network bucket doesn't mean I can go screw any ol' broad on the street..I mean.. I'm helping the children...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I am sick of all this assuming bull**** about Tiger running out.

Yes, the Enquirer was right about Edwards, what else though? Almost nothing. Yes, the media is ready to go after Tiger, and you're showing that you are no different.

If he was, fine, he has it coming. But until we know anything somewhat conclusive, it's all heresay and your sheer bias that you believe it. A lot of posts in this thread disappoint me.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Yes, the Enquirer was right about Edwards, what else though? Almost nothing. Yes, the media is ready to go after Tiger, and you're showing that you are no different.

If he was, fine, he has it coming. But until we know anything somewhat conclusive, it's all heresay and your sheer bias that you believe it. A lot of posts in this thread disappoint me.

Yeah, I must admit I wasn't all that shocked by the response. The public is quick to build up and quick to tear down. The man does alot of good off the course and why shouldn't we (the public) be proud of the way he carries himself (most of the time). Sure he throws a club or swears but he has never been indicted for murder, drunk driving with a death involved, drugs or Heaven forbid shooting himself in the leg for carrying a loaded weapon to a nightclub.

Myself, if I was rich and married to a beautiful woman why wouldn't I be happy. It's easy to say that sitting here in my den typing trying to figure out how to pay all the bills and buy a few Christmas gifts. I don't have women throwing themselves at me, beautfiul women that most men would not be able to resist, on a regular basis. I would like to think I would be faithful but honestly I don't know and I doubt any of us do know for sure.

I'll give Tiger the benefit of the doubt, his wife heard some rumors about a woman in NY and got miffed (what wife wouldn't). Maybe they fought and he tried to take off before it got out of control and had the accident. That's my take until I hear something different.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

Uhh.. I understand your point, but what makes your side of assuming that he's done nothing wrong, anymore assuming than someone who think he's running around doped up and smug?

Point is.. who knows. It's speculation, and people are going to do it. Were you this bent up over the speculation when Edwards was called out for cheating? Probably not.

You point out the biased views of people who paint him as the black jesus, and then others who enjoy watching a celebrity fail. The point is the bias.. It's going to happen, and it's natural. Don't get bent out of shape.. How does someone calling him a cheating twit, make any difference in how you see him, or see the present situation?

My guess is the Enquirer made a half-assed story about the cheating. The women involved will sue them for the story.. Elin got ahold of it, asked Tiger, probably had a fight. She hit him.. He decided to leave, she took the club to the back window as he pulled out the driveway. He wrecked the car when she busted the window out.

Now they have to find a way to protect their marriage and personal space even more so than he has in the past.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
The press is the same all over the world, they build people up, put them on a pedistall and then Love it when they can rip them back down to Earth. Personally I couldn't give a $hit about Tiger's personal life in terms of who he's sleeping with or not for that matter. I wouldn't buy a news paper or magazine for gossip on a Celeb's personal life but many people do so the press love it. I am however intrested to hear how this event all happened. It just doesn't add up. Thanks giving, No Alchol, low speed crash when pulling out of a drive way, the fact he was falling in and out of consiusness when the Paramedics arrived, the Smashing the rear window to get him out of the vechile and the facial lacerations? I will be listening to find out what exactly happened.

When I first started this Thread after hearing the News of the accident, the reports I heard were saying Tiger was seriously injured, I feared the worse. I'm just glad we've not lost a Legend in his prime

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

When I first started this Thread after hearing the News of the accident, the reports I heard were saying Tiger was seriously injured, I feared the worse. I'm just glad we've not lost a Legend in his prime

My first thought as well. I didn't want him to be killed, or even hurt enough he couldn't play.. It would be an epic tragedy to see someone in their prime of competition end it suddenly like that.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
any good jokes out yet? I've heard the rubbish ones, any good ones though?

Kumabjorn

Oct 30, 2009
What is the difference between Tiger Woods hitting a wedge and driving a SUV? At least he know how to back up a wedge!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Tiger's public statement:

"Nov. 29, 2009
As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."

PGATOUR.COM - Statement from Tiger Woods regarding car accident

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The press is the same all over the world, they build people up, put them on a pedistall and then Love it when they can rip them back down to Earth. Personally I couldn't give a $hit about Tiger's personal life in terms of who he's sleeping with or not for that matter. I wouldn't buy a news paper or magazine for gossip on a Celeb's personal life but many people do so the press love it. I am however intrested to hear how this event all happened. It just doesn't add up. Thanks giving, No Alchol, low speed crash when pulling out of a drive way, the fact he was falling in and out of consiusness when the Paramedics arrived, the Smashing the rear window to get him out of the vechile and the facial lacerations? I will be listening to find out what exactly happened.

It is a little odd that he was falling in and out of consciousness, especially given the low speed. That being said, if you hit your head just right, well that's it. It's kinda like when Dale Earnhardt Sr died, when I saw the crash I thought "no biggie, seen plenty worse on ESPN" but then when you hear he died, and his car hit just the right (or wrong) way to cause maximum head injury then it adds up.

So, who knows...I still could care less who he is sleeping with or not sleeping with, I watch him because he can hit a little white ball better than anybody on the planet.

KNP

Jan 7, 2008
No mention so far regarding this weekends event.
Will he play and if he does how well will he play?

burlguy

Oct 23, 2006
Tiger's public statement:
"Nov. 29, 2009
As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."
PGATOUR.COM - Statement from Tiger Woods regarding car accident

Dave

utter bollocks.[quote/]

I dont think so... Look at the word play. His wife was the first on scene to get him out of the SUV.

After she bashed the window out and figured she better help her drugged out husband.

It was all his fault.

Yep it sure was, you shouldnt be cheating on her.

He will make sure this doesnt happen again.

You better or you are going to lose your family and half your wealth.

He screwed up and now he wants everyone to lay off him and forgive him.... Whatever, it is still news, and should remind us that material wealth is not everything.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
any good jokes out yet? I've heard the rubbish ones, any good ones though?

Yeah, they said this was the first time tiger ever drove into the short stuff. :)

They just came out and said Tiger declined to talk to police again. Made a statement that the accident was embarassing, and nothing was done wrong, and that he'd like to take care of it with his family.

I'm satisfied with whatever happens, I'm indifferent about it. I'm glad all the parties involved are okay, and hope it all washes over without a problem.

The oddness of the whole situation is just crazy though. The allegations, the secrets, the lack of information being released.

🔥 Latest posts