• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods car crash?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Tiger's public statement:
"Nov. 29, 2009
As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."
PGATOUR.COM - Statement from Tiger Woods regarding car accident

utter bollocks.

Agreed, major damage control going on here. He has 1 hell of a reputation to protect, sponsors don't like being dragged into this sorta shit.

And could any of us simply tell the cops, "nah, I don't feel like talking to you right now"? "Will let you know when i'm good & ready"?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm glad all the parties involved are okay, and hope it all washes over without a problem.

All parties are OK? What about the poor fire hydrant, where are the fire hydrant rights activists? And I bet that mean ole SUV knocked a sizable amount of bark off that tree. The poor thing is standing there feeling all violated and naked. :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Google it man..... read the info and then tell me he did not.

Because so much on the internet is true.

Honestly, I'm not saying he didn't, and I'm not saying he did. I am just amazed at the amounts of people here that assume one way or another.

Oh, and Burl, reminds me, I have some stuff to sell to ya.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
brands to protect, big style, hundreds of millions a year this could cost Nike

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Because so much on the internet is true.

Honestly, I'm not saying he didn't, and I'm not saying he did. I am just amazed at the amounts of people here that assume one way or another.

Oh, and Burl, reminds me, I have some stuff to sell to ya.

Since when are people not allowed to take one side of an issue around here? Lifes full of assumptions, I don't get why people are getting bent out of shape about this situation?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
There are some "lightning rods" that generate discussion on golf forums... Michelle Wie, forged vs. cast, Scotty Cameron putters, Tiger Woods, etc. It is amazing the furor that can be generated on some of these subjects.

Over an exciting, exemplary career TW has developed a significant fan base. He also has those who have taken exception to the constant and consistent media hype that has followed his stellar career. His professional career has been in the public eye and discussed ad naseum. His private life has been, for a celebrity, kept out of public view. He, rightfully so, has chosen to live a very private and secluded personal life.

This sudden chain of events... the story of a sordid affair, the auto accident, the stories of the accident that did not make sense, the refusal to talk to authorities, the reluctance to come forward with an explanation... have given fuel for a firestorm of sorts. Yes, we have jumped to conclusions... held our breath for the next rumor... and, visited at length on golf discussion boards. Yet, not many facts are known and everyone is "lawyering up". So, the discussion boards will remain active until (if ever) the real story comes to light.

Celebrity status brings with it a certain public scrutiny. The golf world has not seen the same history of thugs as has the NFL or NBA. There, we have accused murderers and wife beaters and dog killers still afforded celebrity status. The golf world hasn't had the opportunity to experience a tarnished star. Certainly, we've had our John Daly and Fuzzy Zoeller episodes. Those have seemed to have been kept "away from the game". When the world's number one star of the game becomes subject of an "event", it could be a game-changer. As the celebrity has put himself before the public to sell clubs and cars and clothes and other sundry items, he has seen his fan base and his detractor base both escalate. It's part of being a celebrity. It "comes with the territory".

I, for one, wish Woods would hold a press conference and bring closure to this issue. I believe it would be the best thing for the game. However, that does not appear to be the avenue chosen by Woods. So, we will continue to "have fun" with our discussions, inuendos, and jokes. I firmly believe we will do the game more justice by keeping this open and light... until the truth is known... rather than trying to sweep it under the rug like so many other sports have done to protect celebrities.

Meanwhile, it has been asked why... if Elin did, in fact, rescue Tiger from the Escalade... did she drag him to the street rather than leave him in the grass next to the vehicle. That answer has been that, as a wife of a professional golfer, she was certainly aware that she got a two club length drop.:D

🔥 Latest posts