1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods Looks Ahead to PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Golf News' started by Dogfish Head, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head Well-Known Member TEA is my HERO

United States United States
    Admin Post
    Embed from Getty Images

THE NEXT START FOR TIGER WOODS will be the PGA Championship at TPC Harding Park in San Francisco. The year's first major begins on August 6.

That means Woods will skip next week's WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational in Memphis, passing on the opportunity to log four competitive rounds in the no-cut event.

Disappointed to miss @WGCFedEx, but doing what I think is best to prepare me for the @PGAChampionship and upcoming FedExCup Playoffs.
    — Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) July 24, 2020

A week ago Tiger played in the Memorial Tournament and made the cut on the number on an extremely difficult Muirfield Village Golf Club. He finished in a tie for 40th.

The site of the PGA Championship could work in his favor.

"Woods has a strong history at TPC Harding Park," GolfWorld reported, "where he won the 2005 WGC-American Express Championship in a playoff over John Daly. He also went 5-0 in the 2009 Presidents Cup there, which the American side won 19.5-14.5."
    [​IMG]

Source: Tiger Woods Looks Ahead to PGA Championship