• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods stands behind ban on anchored putting

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
No offense to anyone, really, but I am SO tired of Tiger.
From the way he looked that the Presidents Cup, you might not have to endure much more of him. His days are numbered. So suck it up and watch the twilight of his career and someday you can tell your grand kids that you got to see the GOAT play......if you already have grand children, let them watch with you so they can tell their kids. .......or not.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I dont know. I guess its the way he seems to think the world of golf revolves around himself. Its bad enough that it DOES without him playing the role so well.

ai.istockimg.com_file_thumbview_approve_3414598_2_stock_photo_3414598_can_of_worms.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I dont know. I guess its the way he seems to think the world of golf revolves around himself. Its bad enough that it DOES without him playing the role so well.
Here we go again...I'm going to try and put this fire out with gas.

Tiger is simply the best player of our generation and arguably the GOAT. He appears to me to try and keep his private life private but because he is Tiger Woods that is impossible. As far as golf revolving round him, he has 16 full professional seasons, 15 majors, voted player of the year 11 times and 79 career PGA tour wins.

Simple math says that in his professional career he has AVERAGED:
.94 majors a season
.69 player of the year awards a season
4.94 wins a season

Thant my friend is domination and warrants the world of golf revolving around him. Kinda like basketball revolved around Michael Jordan, hockey revolved around Wayne Gretzky, etc.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
....or a Brett Hull fan.
I'm not arguing Super Mario and Brett's greatness, my point is about the casual fan or even non fan.

Everybody knows Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky. They are/were the biggest draws in their respective sports, regardless of whether they wanted that or not and for good reason they are/were recognized as the best and are always in the discussion of the GOAT.

Even the biggest Tiger hater knows, whether they want to admit it or not, he was untouchable for a decade and everyone was playing for 2nd place.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
No offense to anyone, really, but I am SO tired of Tiger.
No offense taken. In 10 yrs we will be debating who should be POY and the choices will include:

1 fluke major winner
1 no name player who managed to win twice
And the other 3 major winners

And nobody will devote thread space in forums or time on sports talk shows because nobody will be watching. It will be like the late 80's and early 90's when the best player in the game is also known as the biggest choker and the guy who wins most is the least like able guy around (Norman & Faldo respectively).

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
No offense taken. In 10 yrs we will be debating who should be POY and the choices will include:

1 fluke major winner

And nobody will devote thread space in forums or time on sports talk shows because nobody will be watching. It will be like the late 80's and early 90's when the best player in the game is also known as the biggest choker and the guy who wins most is the least like able guy around (Norman & Faldo respectively).
Well said.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country

1 fluke major winner

I agree but I hope you're wrong. That's kind of depressing actually.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I agree but I hope you're wrong. That's kind of depressing actually.
The NBA was going no where before Magic and Bird came along and breathed life into it again, then the torch was passed (stolen) by MJ and the rest is history. I hope we see another "Tiger", his run has been brilliant.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
The NBA was going no where before Magic and Bird came along and breathed life into it again, then the torch was passed (stolen) by MJ and the rest is history. I hope we see another "Tiger", his run has been brilliant.
So the PGA Tour will turn into a bunch of tattoo-riddled thugs? I don't think so...

Oh wait...

ascontent_a.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash3_1380580_10151990965099369_873979358_n.jpg

It's already happening...

:p

🔥 Latest posts