• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods: 'This Is Something I Want to Do'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Excited to join @Love3D, the other VCs & @RyderCupUSA as a Vice Captain, and help #TeamUSA get a victory in 2016: https://t.co/p5wzvoyOYI

— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) November 18, 2015

TIGER WOODS CARES ABOUT THE RYDER CUP. And if anyone questions that commitment, Tiger has already signed on as a vice captain for the 2016 U.S. Ryder Cup team. In fact, Tiger might care more about the Ryder Cup than he ever has, especially since his fitness to compete at a high level is jeopardized by a slew of injuries, surgeries and recoveries.

The captaining phase marks a new beginning and what might be a career transition for the winner of 14 major championships. I expect Tiger will make yet another comeback, but his physical condition and competive abilities are two large questions marks.

In addition to Woods, U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III also named Jim Furyk and Steve Stricker as vice captains. The three men join Tom Lehman, who was appointed as Love's first vice captain in February.

"To welcome four vice captains of this caliber is a giant first step toward preparing the 2016 team for success," Love said at PGATour.com. "Tom, Jim, Steve and Tiger have over 50 years of combined Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup experiences that they are eager to share. They'll also be my eyes and ears from event to event next year on TOUR. That's invaluable, and as captain, I am grateful for their commitment, dedication and passion to win."

"I'd like to thank Davis for his confidence in me and for my selection as a Ryder Cup vice captain," Tiger said. "This is something I want to do. I will continue to do whatever I can to help win the Cup back. Once I'm fully healthy, I'd like to try to make the team too, but either way, I'm very excited to work with Davis, the other vice captains and the players to get a U.S. victory."

Love will name a fifth vice captain later on.

Source: Tiger Woods: 'This Is Something I Want to Do'

🔥 Latest posts