• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist 905T

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So my wife wanted to go shopping today and since it was pouring I tagged along to hit Dick's and maybe spend some more money on Golf. I happened to pick up a 905T with a UST V2 and am now in love (or lust at least) with this driver. Anybody have any experience with it? I know alot of people are pushing the R but this is a great deal. Is the face square? It sure set up like it was...anyway any thoughts would be appreciated...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've never hit one but there's alot of good things being said about it in other threads in here. Look around and you should find some.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Imho,the rush for the R is the usual nonsense about 'Tour' clubs,they are tour for a very good reason,they offer something for the very good players,yet so many amateurs rush to them.I have admitted defeat on the R,with a UST,its a beast alright,but just to demanding for me.The T on the other hand is a great club for us mere mortals.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I just bought the same thing as you, same shaft and all. I am deffinatly in love with this driver. I think theres supposedly a slight offset, but i don't notice it, as i can work the ball whichever way i want. I'm so happy i picked up local Dicks' last one.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Beautiful club. I don't have experience of the V2 but my buddy has one and he's absolutely killing the ball right now. I'm probably gonna change to a V2 anyways

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
i have a 905T with Fuji speeder, it was good when i got it. But since have changed my swing a bit, now that thing is worthless golfing wise to me. Hopefully i can find a better shaft for my swing and get it back in the back. (as per my sig, but i actually put my 983K back in the bag at the moment)

The Fuji Speeder is a high kick shaft correct?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I know there is no offset, but does anybody know if the face is square? I just emailed Titleist customer service so we shall see....

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006

Yes. I love that shaft but I'm going for it in a 10.5 head. Is it going low and right on you in that head?
icon10.gif
The good thing about 214yd. wormburners, usually quite findable, lol.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
i have a 905T with Fuji speeder, it was good when i got it. But since have changed my swing a bit, now that thing is worthless golfing wise to me. Hopefully i can find a better shaft for my swing and get it back in the back. (as per my sig, but i actually put my 983K back in the bag at the moment)

Did you find it played kinda flexy or is it just me?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I played with a guy with a 905R with the Titleist Speeder and he absolutely crushed the ball straight down the middle, 300+ yards almost every hole.

According to the Titleist sight it has 11 degrees bulge and 11 degrees roll which might make it look closed. Supposed to be 0 face angle though.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Both the 905T and 905R have square face angles, this is clearly stated on the Titty website.
Both are great drivers.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Both the 905T and 905R have square face angles, this is clearly stated on the Titty website.
Both are great drivers.

I saw where the R was square but could not see where they said that the T was square. I assumed it was square but I thought that about the 983K as well and that had a 2* closed face i think it was...anyway good to know about the T.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.