1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist D2 differences

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by D2Doug, Oct 9, 2011.

1. D2Doug

D2Doug Active Member

I had a 10.5 and 9.5 D2 head, one with regular shaft. I recently sold my 10.5 and regular shaft, keeping a ahina shafted 9.5 driver. I also purchased a used 9.5 driver with a stiff Kaili shaft. What is interesting is:

1. I am driving the ball considerably longer than I was with either the 9.5 or 10.5 head.

2. The driver makes a more deadened sound than either of my other 910 D2s did. I am quite curious as to why. Eventually, I will load the shaft on my old head and see if the sound transfers with the shaft. I'd be very surprised if it did.

Anyone have ideas why the Kaili stiff with mid kick point vs low mid of ahina is performing so much better for me? Any idea on item 2 with the deadened sound?

2. anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic Refusing Recovery Supporting Member

United States United States
    That's odd that they sound different. I know Titleist puts different weights in the heads depending on what shaft is in it. Maybe the different volume of the weights changes the acoustics? Seems a little far fetched but there shouldn't be any differences in the heads. Unless one of them is a counterfeit.

3. D2Doug

D2Doug Active Member

well, if one is counterfit, it has to be the one I am hitting the longest, as the other two are what sounded the same. It's crazy, I can't see the shaft alone causing it, but there is a difference. Well, I guess don't question what works right? It's strange for sure, but a good strange. I hit one about 270 yesterday, long for me, lovin it...