1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TM Driver

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by coachvoce, Mar 21, 2007.

1. coachvoce

coachvoce Well-Known Member

Hey guys I'm trying to decide on buying a driver looking for some input. I have a TM R540 right now but I'm looking for a more forgiving driver. I'm currently slicing my driver and not quite getting the distance I want. I was told the TM R7 425 might be the way to go. I just wanted to know what all thought first. Thanks in advance.

2. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

R7 425 is not as forgiving as your current driver. Possibly the R7 460 might be worth a shot or if you want total forgivness/slice correction the 460Draw. I personally liked the 460 draw and think it's a good fit for a higher handicap player that has trouble with the right side. It was super-easy to hit, felt like I could close my eyes and hit it decent.

3. coachvoce

coachvoce Well-Known Member

Thanks ezra. I thought about the draw driver but I want to get better and I feel that the more I play the better I'm getting. I am afraid if I go with the draw driver it would just a quick fix no help in the long haul. what do you think? With the ajustable weights in the other driver do you think I could set it up at first as a draw diver then work my way back down the better I get? I mean my goal is to get to the point Where I can work the ball. any advice is greatly appericiated

4. FKA19

FKA19 winter ho'in

want forgivness from tm?
    r580xd. one of the most forgiving drivers on the market. they can be had soo cheap these days too. drop a good shaft in it, and youve got one sweet driver.

5. Crossfire

Crossfire PGA Apprentice Supporting Member

Personally, i find the r7 425 to be forgiving. Ive played both the Non tp and tp, and obviously the tp is a little rougher I honestly believe they can be hit well by anybody that can make contact. Maybe its just me and my phobia of 460 drivers, but atleast give them a shot. The r580 is also a good one, and can be had CHEAP. Grab both of them, demo them and see. The 425 will give you room to "grow" into it, if you plan on improving.

6. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

The 425 is a great driver for working the ball. It has enough forgivness for a mid-capper with enough workability to keep a lower-capper from being hindered. I really should be playing one instead of jumping the new driver bandwagon. The 460 does have a basic draw or nuetral setting with the 2 stock weights provided. That would be a good option as you could start with the draw setting and then mess around with it nuetral as well. So basically if you are willing to take the time and commit to getting better, the 425 is a really nice driver. It is slightly closed faced, a good thing for guys like us who's miss is predominately right. I may pull a ball left when I get OTT but to hit a hook, not going to happen. I'm 100 times more likely to leave the face wide open and hit a high slicer. I learned a lot of lessons and a lot about my game while hoing all these drivers. [​IMG] Making an honest asessment of what you are capable of and wish to accomplish is key.

7. FKA19

FKA19 winter ho'in

keep in mind the 580 xd is wayy more forgiving than the original 580

8. Crossfire

Crossfire PGA Apprentice Supporting Member

Honestly, i'd say your best bet, pick up an r7 425 globalgolf.com, and pick a nice shaft. That place is gods gift to hos. Then buck up, and get some lessons, put some time in and learn to golf. It will give you the room to improve. In 1 year, you do not want to look down at your r580xd and say, this is a game improvement bandaid driver, i need a new one. You said yourself you want to improve. The 425 will give you room to do that.

9. Sean

Sean Worm Burner

I have an r580xd and the thing freaking bombs, at least by my standards. Easy to control as well. Very cheap to pick one up, which is a bonus.