• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tour de France

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I know there aren't many bicycle enthusiast here, but this years tour already has some high drama. Both the worlds best sprinter (Mark Cavendish) and the defending champion (Chris Froome) are already out due to crashes.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Chris Froome out? Bradley Wiggins will be chuckling.

AZ, I'm watching this every night. (Till I fall asleep at least). Love it.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Chris Froome out? Bradley Wiggins will be chuckling.

AZ, I'm watching this every night. (Till I fall asleep at least). Love it.

So is Mark Cavendish. he separated his shoulder in a first day crash.

Froome and Wiggins sure dislike each other don't they?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Wasn't some guy busted for something in this sport? Kinda famous...made the papers and such?

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Wasn't Greg Lemond the uniballer?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Shimano has released a new action sport camera and the company has been getting some great footage of the teams. Here is one from Stage 3 of the TDF.

"This may just be one of our favourite pieces of bike-cam footage yet – on-board with Team Sky on Monday’s Tour de France Stage 3 from Cambridge into the heart of London.

The film is shot with Shimano CM-1000 Sport Cameras attached to the bikes of Geraint Thomas (front facing) and Bernie Eisel. There’s some glimpses of Chris Froome, with the number 1 on his back –now missing from the race following his abandonment yesterday.

It’s nice to see Richie Porte engaging in a bit of joking with riders from other teams, showing it’s not all serious business all day long in the peloton; how could it be when you’re spending so much time in proximity over three weeks, including with riders who will be training partners or former team mates?"

Ride with Team Sky on Stage Three of the Tour de France - YouTube

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I know there aren't many bicycle enthusiast here, but this years tour already has some high drama. Both the worlds best sprinter (Mark Cavendish) and the defending champion (Chris Froome) are already out due to crashes.
Are we allowed to say that he is the current best sprinter? I would have said Kittel is the best even last year, greipel has had him for the last 4 years as well.

My family has always had an affinity to Le Tour, my dad is a big biker himself, I don't like riding bikes myself, but I love Le Tour.

But no Cav is not the best sprinter in the world, he once was, but has not been for quite some time. Man I miss Robbie McUhen, he was exciting, always came from no where.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
He maybe on the down side of his career, but over the last decade no one has been better.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I have to say that I'm enjoying watching Peter Sagan. In the last leg, he was hurtling down a slope in driving rain doing about 50 mph.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Great ESPN 30 For 30 Slaying the Badger about the Greg LeMond and Bernard Hinault rivalry.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.