• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trigger

OP
J

jon.b

Sep 22, 2013
No I meant trigger I went on a tangent there when I replied to anonymous' comment

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I have my pre shot routine and I waggle once and then rip it (or not sometimes) but it's the same trigger every time before I pull the trigger. Tea and AG are right though if you're thinking about your swing while you're swinging that's when bad sh!t happens.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I just swing, I don't have what most people consider a trigger.

Maybe that's my problem...

I just make sure I keep my spine angle the same throughout the swing. If I do this, it's almost impossible for me to make bad contact. Now..whether or not the ball is online, that's another story.
If a woman found your prostate you might find your swing.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
So are we talking about pre-shot routines then? I was assuming "trigger" was describing the initial movement that starts a swing (i.e. a forward press).

If you're looking for a pre-shot routine, watch Dufner or Snedeker. Quick and simple. Stay away from Keegan Bradley or Jason Day's routines, please.
Since when do we stay on topic around here?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
How can you stay on topic when you don't know what it is? :D
I feel like the benefit of a "trigger" is to get on the right track to repeatability....which is also the whole point of a pre-shot routine. I was drawing that comparison because I don't have a so-called trigger but I do have a pre-shot routine that serves the same purpose. I did not have the two confused. kk

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country
I actually do have a trigger. I have a forward press like AG talked about.
Kind of a funny story...a long time ago, I used to play with a fade on a course that you were better off if you could draw it.
When I decided to learn to hit a draw, I learned about swinging from in to out as opposed to out to in etc.
I used a little press as a reminder of the path I wanted my club on, and I practiced a lot until I started hitting a draw and have played with one ever since.
Today, I have the hardest time hitting a fade, and I still have the forward press.
Last year one of my friends said he wanted to see me make a swing without the forward press. I teed up a ball, took my address position, and literally just froze there. I stood there for a good 20-25 seconds and couldn't take the club back. For whatever reason, if I don't use a forward press to start my swing, I feel like I have to loop the club at the top to get it on the plane I want. I know I'm not, but that's what it feels like.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.