• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

U.S. Presidents Cup Captain Tiger Woods Talks About Himself in Third Person as the Final...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

U.S. PRESIDENTS CUP CAPTAIN TIGER WOODS announced his four captain's picks late on Thursday. They are: Tony Finau, Patrick Reed, Gary Woodland and Tiger Woods.

"It was a difficult process," Woods said in Golfweek. "I wanted to see some form from the guys in the U.S. and over in Asia, wanted to see guys play a little bit and play well. And that included me."

Here's the captain explaining that final pick:

"I'm going to choose Tiger Woods."

A third-person explanation on why @TigerWoods picked Tiger Woods. pic.twitter.com/OLYrHSWERO
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) November 8, 2019

"As captain," Woods said, "I'm going to choose Tiger Woods as the last player on the team. He's made, what, nine Cups and he's played in Australia twice in the Presidents Cup, so this will be his third appearance as a player."

It's a legit pick, especially after Tiger's recent historic win at the ZOZO Championship in Japan, which tied him with record-holder Sam Snead at 82 PGA Tour victories.

United States Team

Patrick Cantlay
Bryson DeChambeau
Tony Finau
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Matt Kuchar
Patrick Reed
Xander Schauffele
Webb Simpson
Justin Thomas
Gary Woodland
Tiger Woods*

*Woods is the second playing captain. Hale Irwin was the first in 1994.

The U.S. assistant captains are Fred Couples, Steve Stricker and Zach Johnson.

The 13th Presidents Cup will be played at The Royal Melbourne Golf Club on December 9 through 15.

Source: U.S. Presidents Cup Captain Tiger Woods Talks About Himself in Third Person as the Final Captain's Pick

🔥 Latest posts