• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Jim Furyk: 'It's a Well-Rounded Team, and We'll Go to Work'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
We’ll see you in Paris!@PhilMickelson @b_dechambeau @TigerWoods pic.twitter.com/SscUZHs0ah
— Ryder Cup USA (@RyderCupUSA) September 4, 2018

WILL THE AMERICANS WIN THE RYDER CUP on European soil for the first time in 25 years?

The 42nd Ryder Cup will be contested on September 25-30 at Le Golf National in Paris, France. Despite an impressive victory in 2016 at Hazeltine, the U.S. squad faces a huge challenge: win their first away game since 1993.

They beat Europe 17-11 last time out in Minnesota. Before that Europe had won three in a row, six of seven, and eight of 10. It's no time to be giddy.

With Captain Jim Furyk's final pick of Tony Finau on Monday, both teams are set.

"(I've) got a lot of confidence in those players," Captain Furyk said a week ago. "I think we have some great chemistry. I think we have some great pairing opportunities. We've got some great veteran leadership and we've got some youth. It's a well-rounded team, and we'll go to work, get set to go."

U.S Ryder Cup Team
Captain Jim Furyk
Points qualifiers:
Brooks Koepka
Dustin Johnson
Justin Thomas
Patrick Reed
Bubba Watson
Jordan Spieth
Rickie Fowler
Webb Simpson
Captain's picks:
Bryson DeChambeau
Phil Mickelson
Tiger Woods
Tony Finau

"It’s going to be a great challenge because we know how strong the European side is and how well they play at home," Phil Mickelson said. "but it's a wonderful chance, an opportunity for us to do something I haven't done or been a part of in my career, and would very much like to."

European Team
Captain Thomas Bjorn
Automatic qualifiers:
Francesco Molinari
Justin Rose
Tyrrell Hatton
Tommy Fleetwood
Thorbjorn Oleson
Jon Rahm
Rory McIlroy
Alex Noren
Captain's Picks:
Paul Casey
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Henrik Stenson

"If I had written down 12 names before I started my captaincy journey, it wouldn’t have been far away from this," Captain Bjorn said.

Source: U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Jim Furyk: 'It's a Well-Rounded Team, and We'll Go to Work'

🔥 Latest posts