• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ultimate Shot Talk Golf Outing

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Tentative plan for the Ultimate Shot Talk Outing is early April in Tennessee

Just putting out a feeler here, but where would a outing have to be planned to get as many Shot Talkers in attendance? I know we have a large Wi contengincy on here, I'm from Miss., DaGris is from Ga. if I recall correctly. I'm not sure about the rest of the regulars. Could any of the Florida gang make a trip to St. Louis, or maybe Indiapolis? With gas prices what they are and it being this late in the season/summer, this year may be out of the question? But how about we try to plan the Ultimate Shot Talk Outing for next spring? See just how many of us we can get in one location, on one golf course? True, the course and town or city in question would probably never be the same, and would most likely ban us all from ever returning, but there are plenty of golf courses, being banned from one is acceptable, :laugh:

I'm sure this has been tried before in the past, if so excuse my atempt to ressurect it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The last attempt (and maybe success?) was on the east coast. Middle of the country would make sense to me and if it was early spring many frozen northeners might attend. sssmokin and I make a March trip to Kentucky every year and that could be altered for a ST outing. St. Louis is about the same distance for us. Maybe Kentucky would work? If you look at the Gilbertsville (Kentucky Dam Village) packages they have cabins you can rent if you have enough. Very low cost. Three days for under $300 and includes 3 rounds of golf at any of the area courses and two great meals a day (usually buffet breakfast and supper). We've found Mineral Mounds is the best due to the better drainage. The other courses are a little "damp" and the balls plug etc. if it's been wet. In any case we're interested. :)

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I was thinking a central location might make it feasible for more of us to make it than placing it on the east coast or west coast. The only place I was considering other than say St. Louis or Indy area, or maybe Kentucky was maybe Myrtle Beach, and only there because of its abundance of top rated courses and beaches for the wifes and gf's. To me something centrally located makes the most sense but I'd be game for most anywhere within driving distance. The main purpose is to get as many of us from Shot Talk together for hopefully a weekend of great golf and camaraderie. Well, ok, maybe not great golf, but a lot of fun and camaraderie, :laugh:

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I would be interested. Just dependent on time of year. Probably warm area during late fall , winter, early spring as farming holds me close to home when warm here in Wisconsin.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
zaphod, it's NEVER warm in Wisconsin... :D

Myrtle Beach is too long a drive for me and I won't trust the airlines with my clubs. But if that's what the majority choose I would just pass. :)

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
A spring get together to kick off the season would be cool. Maybe somewhere like Texas, lots of flights into Dallas and Houston from everywhere and lots of courses to choose from.

Same could be said of Florida of course.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I would love to see 20-30 shottalkers get together for an outing. But unless it's somehow paid for, I don't see it happening. People have too many other obligations, and getting schedules synced is almost impossible.

When we first started talking about the get-together that we did in Florida last November, there were about 15 people who sounded really interested - from all over the world! We ended up with one from Vermont, one from Texas, and three from Florida. We had a great time, but it wasn't the great big outing we're talking about here.

People can get together for a company sponsored training trip to Hawaii, but when they have to take vacation time and pay for it themselves, it becomes a much more difficult proposition. Everyone has reasons they can't do it.

Regional outings that folks can drive to are easier to pull off.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I kind of figured it would be impossible to coordinate, getting the members that live in Florida and the Midwest and elsewhere together. It sounds great, and would be a blast if we could somehow pull it off though. Maybe some of the Board Sponsors might be interested in supplementing the cost? :laugh:

I don't suppose anyone on here knows any people at ESPN or The Golf Channel? :laugh:

I'll keep brainstorming this idea, (I know, a scary thought huh?), and see what I can figure out. :confused:

If anyone else has any ideas as to how to pull this off, feel free to chime in.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Texas would be awesome, I'd definately make that.

Anything midwest might be doable, like Warbird, I'd be driving.

This could be doable, won't get 100% attendence, but could see.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I like STL...or anywhere around Orlando as i have family there and can stay for free :D

Those are really the only ones i could feasibly make as far as location are concerned, and even then depending on when i might not be able to make them.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
lol, Sunday, I was looking up air costs to Wi. :)
dam shame my GM stock is worthless, or I might have been able to afford it.

🔥 Latest posts