• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ultimate Shot Talk Golf Outing

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
A large group like this should honestly be split into somewhat of a similar handicap rating. I don't have one, but have an idea..

I don't need to be hacking away with a 5 or 9 handicap, when I should be alone with my 16 or 18 HC.

Or we could just play a scramble, takes the pressure off those of us who aren't all that good yet & it doesn't turn into a dick swinging contest.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Or we could just play a scramble, takes the pressure off those of us who aren't all that good yet & it doesn't turn into a dick swinging contest.

I think we are planning on playing several different formats, scrambles, stroke play. Hopefull we can turn this into a annual deal. The Unofficial Central USA Hackers Tourny. I'd like to get everyone who makes it on the course at one time in a Scramble of some sorts for a actual tournament one day. match up the teams by handicap as evenly as possible, possibly with some sort of prizes?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Part of the fun of these kinds of get-togethers is to play GOLF with fellow Shottalkers. I really don't care if I hack it up with the better players(I've hacked it up twice with VTdivot, who is a single-digit player, and I don't think he minded.) We're not competing, and I doubt that any of us "hackers" play slow. It would be ideal if during the week I got to play nine holes with each and every one of you guys.

Competition is secondary. We can always figure out how to do that based on indexes.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Part of the fun of these kinds of get-togethers is to play GOLF with fellow Shottalkers. I really don't care if I hack it up with the better players(I've hacked it up twice with VTdivot, who is a single-digit player, and I don't think he minded.) We're not competing, and I doubt that any of us "hackers" play slow. It would be ideal if during the week I got to play nine holes with each and every one of you guys.

Competition is secondary. We can always figure out how to do that based on indexes.

+1 on this Eracer, that's the whole idea behind this whole deal. To get to meet and play golf with the people I've met on here. I imagine 90% of those who show up will be able to stomp me score wise, but I don't play slow, and can pull off a great shot often enough to make me think I'm learning how to play this crazy game, :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
+1 on this Eracer, that's the whole idea behind this whole deal. To get to meet and play golf with the people I've met on here. I imagine 90% of those who show up will be able to stomp me score wise, but I don't play slow, and can pull off a great shot often enough to make me think I'm learning how to play this crazy game, :D
When we got together last November, we played a quota game. I still don't understand how it works, but VT assured me it was fair. He ended up winning all the money. I guess he's just a better (cough, cough...) golfer.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
When we got together last November, we played a quota game. I still don't understand how it works, but VT assured me it was fair. He ended up winning all the money. I guess he's just a better (cough, cough...) golfer.
lol, its much easier to win when your making the rules

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
What I didn't understand is how he shot 76 in a drunken stupor on 2 hours sleep. It was worth losing $5 just to see that.

I am able to shoot those numbers if I can putt... If I can't it's hello 80 city, as witnessed by the trio of 81s I had for the other weeks.

There are plenty of games we can play... we'll figure something out. I'd say start looking for deposits to see who is really interested.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

I think I shared my winnings with my partners for all 3 of the rounds we played ;)

Plus my usual peace offering - a round of beverages to the vainquished ;)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I've been out of touch for a while, but I want to go somewhere and play some golf. I can do Tennessee.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've been out of touch for a while, but I want to go somewhere and play some golf. I can do Tennessee.

Great to hear Wirehair, I'll add you to the list. :thumbs up:

mddubya
WBL
ssmokin
Wi-Golfer
Eracer
Jeff4i
FATCITY
DH4816
Andy_79 --maybe
eclark--maybe
Doc---maybe
VTDivot
ualTim---slight possibility
JArmour
Dagris--maybe
APowell1990
DouginGa
Crossfire
Wirehair

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I am very iffy. It turns out that this weekend will be one week before finals. Right now its Calc, 3 Bio classes, Organic chem, and Spanish. I may, may be able to sneak away for 2 days, but it may end up as golf, then hitting the books.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I am very iffy. It turns out that this weekend will be one week before finals. Right now its Calc, 3 Bio classes, Organic chem, and Spanish. I may, may be able to sneak away for 2 days, but it may end up as golf, then hitting the books.

Not to worry, we'll help you study. Nothing like a bunch of tired, drunk golfers to hone those study skills, :thumbs up:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I think I shared my winnings with my partners for all 3 of the rounds we played ;)

Plus my usual peace offering - a round of beverages to the vainquished ;)
You were a most gracious winner. It could have been worse, I could have had to pay Wirehair.
icon12.gif

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
You were a most gracious winner. It could have been worse, I could have had to pay Wirehair.
icon12.gif

Very true, but the round I played with wirehair and tim may have been one of the funniest rounds of golf ive played.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.