• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ultimate Shot Talk Golf Outing

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Very true, but the round I played with wirehair and tim may have been one of the funniest rounds of golf ive played.
I honestly don't know how you guys made it 36 holes that day. I was bad enough, but at least I got 5 hours of sleep...and still had actual blood in my veins at 7:00am.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I vaugely slipping into a near comatose state around 7am, then teeing off at 745. No wonder I couldn't putt, I had the John Daly shakes

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
You were a most gracious winner. It could have been worse, I could have had to pay Wirehair.
icon12.gif

You did, I played with VT the first round. Thanks for the contribution.:)

Very true, but the round I played with wirehair and tim may have been one of the funniest rounds of golf ive played.

That's because of my legendary charm and wit...anyone can play golf out of the fairway, it takes someone with real golf skills to play out of the woods. BTW, I stole your golf balls when you weren't looking, and then threw them down in the fairway.:laugh:

shanemc13

Sep 19, 2006
Put me down for a tentative. I talked to my golfing buddy and he sounded interested. We are only about a 5hr drive away.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Put me down for a tentative. I talked to my golfing buddy and he sounded interested. We are only about a 5hr drive away.

Will do Shane, I hope ya'll can make it. It should be a blast.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States

Laughing at my swing doesn't count as the funniest round ever. :laugh:

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The cabins at Harrison Bay are open air. No walls, just screen and no A/C. From what I can tell, these are for motels 20 minutes away from the course. I left a message for the man in charge of groups to call me back, he is off today.

Attachments

• getawaygolf.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm also checking into the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail now. If we picked Muscle Shoals we will have 90 holes of golf to play within 77 miles of each other. But I need a good idea of how many are planning on making the trip to get definite prices on green fees and room rates.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Okay, Harrison Bay is out, The Bear Trace at Tim's Ford has really nice cabins with A/C, real beds and tables perfect for playing cards and drinking, ;) They have 20 cabins that sleep 4 adults each.

It's just south of Nashville so it's actually closer for the Northern ShotTalkers. The cabin rentals are $407.93 tax included as part of the golf package. That's 2 nights and a round of 18 holes per cabin for up to 4 adults. That's $101.98 a piece. The cabins have 2 sets of double beds and couchs that let out into beds so they will sleep more than 4, that is just what they recomend. There are motels 12 miles away from the course for anyone who wanted to arrive early or didn't want to stay in the cabins.

They need us to put up a deposit of 119.96 per cabin we wish to reserve. The green fees are $35 m-fri. and $42 sat & sun for anyone wishing to play more golf than the 1 round included in the cabin rental. ;)

Now we need to find out who definitely is in. We can go ahead and reserve cabins for those that are certain they will come. Any others can hope for the best on a cabin at a later date or stay in the motels in town.

I spoke with the pro at the golf course and we CAN have an actual tournament if we so wish with catered food and all. So all that is left is to find out who all plans on showing up for the 1st hopefully annual ShotTalker Hackers Tournament!

Here is a link to the course if you want to check it out. http://www.tngolftrail.net/beartrace/timsford/

BTW, it's called Bear Trace because it's a Nicklaus designed course for anyone who has never played a course designed by the Golden Bear himself.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm in, but doubtful I'll be snagging a cabin. Bringing the wife most likely.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Are we going to be using Tim's Ford as a base camp, playing there once (or twice) and travelling to other courses around the Nashville area?

Basically, I'm in. The way I snore (the others can tell you) you may want to pitch in and get me my own cabin. Near the woods. In the next county.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Are we going to be using Tim's Ford as a base camp, playing there once (or twice) and travelling to other courses around the Nashville area?

Basically, I'm in. The way I snore (the others can tell you) you may want to pitch in and get me my own cabin. Near the woods. In the next county.

To be honest, I haven't checked into surrounding courses. But I'll get right on that.

And I doubt you snore worse than I do.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

According to Golflink.com there are 21 courses within 50 miles if Winchester,Tn. So yeah, we can use Tim's Ford as a base and play numerous other courses.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
According to Golflink.com there are 21 courses within 50 miles if Winchester,Tn. So yeah, we can use Tim's Ford as a base and play numerous other courses.
Some beautiful country up there.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
This is kind of an impromptu honeymoon, wife and I will probably be arriving that Monday, and enjoy ourselves and whatnot.

🔥 Latest posts