• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Urban - Muni golf - Birmingham

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Beer gut?
I'm noticing the white sox and black shoes combo.

Who dressed you? the office janitor?

LMAO!

Here's how it works, if you must wear black golf shoes it must always be with dress slacks...never shorts

White with a black saddle is ok if you use ankle socks. A brown or beige saddle goes well with anything....ankle socks though if you are wearing shorts. :D :D :D

Nice pics btw.:)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
rockford35 said:
Nice pics, B.

Myself? I bought some screwdrivers today. Regular $40 on for 10.

Ya, I think I had the better day.

(Crying in the corner.. :( )

R35

Crappy Tire special?

Today? Went down to the gym with the woman and signed her up (hopefully incentive for us both to go), came home and took the Golden from upstairs for an hour walk, washed both of our cars plus the landlords Highlander and now I'm munching on AlphaGetti for lunch before we head out for a few more errands.

Great day!

Looks like a fun course B, what are the fees like?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
There is a ghetto muni in New Haven I played once, great little course.

I'll have to get back there some time.

Nsherman and I are going to try Shennacosset next month.....it is an old Donald Ross course currently owned by the town of Groton, that makes it a muni, huh?

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Nsherman and I are going to try Shennacosset next month.....it is an old Donald Ross course currently owned by the town of Groton, that makes it a muni, huh?

Cool, do you guys live near each other?

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
You would love this course Rock...it has so many short holes...

Two drivable par 4's.

One one par 5 today I had the big wind behind me and I hit Driver, nine iron onto the front fringe. Then three jammed it for par...arrrrggghhh.

I had not played this track in about 15 years. It was run down and had a complete renovation about 7-8 years ago. They did a great job.

The impressive thing about this course is it has immaculate bent grass greens. Firm, no ball marks and fast. And of course, with it being a public course in the middle of a city - it gets a lot of play.

$53 for greens fee and cart. A fair value.

I am not anticipating putting us on this course next November - unless the group arrives at mid-day and wants to sneak in a quick 18. This course is 6 minutes from the airport and 8 minutes from my house.

Most of the courses we are going to play in November are out of the city....

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Beer gut?
I'm noticing the white sox and black shoes combo.

Who dressed you? the office janitor?

LMAO!

Here's how it works, if you must wear black golf shoes it must always be with dress slacks...never shorts

White with a black saddle is ok if you use ankle socks. A brown or beige saddle goes well with anything....ankle socks though if you are wearing shorts. :D :D :D

Nice pics btw.:)

The shoes are brown.

Am I OK now or will you still call the fashion police?? :faintthud

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Brown?

er...no....have a look. ;)
DSCN1040.JPG

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
hey sling, if you ever get fed up with the snow and wanna hit the sim down in groton, let me know(Great Brook Golf). Also, for Shenne, do you have a foursome filled out already? If not, i might have someone who'd be interested in playing if you dont mind. Let me know

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Nice editing Dr.Evil....

Next November when you come down here, I'll let you pick out my clothes for me - if that will make you feel better.... :p

I have two pairs of brown/white saddles and these all brown ones.

My issue is - I hate long pants. Honestly.

I own about 4 pair of khaki's and two pair of blue jeans. I am a shorts guy....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'd play that course. Looks fun.

Driveable par 4's and me go hand in hand. Even when there's people on the green. ;)

I was going to wear shorts today, but then I watched a program on TV that says if you don't cover yourself up when it's -17, your nuts freeze and they become useless.

I opted for pants.

Stupid weather. Get nice, dammit! :mad:

R35

PS>...Alphaghetti sucks....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.