• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

US Amateur 2016

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Once again, even in an amateur event, the "Callaway" name was front and center. Can't believe Callaway has rec'd so much front-and-center television coverage this year. It has to be a crap shoot as to which players a company signs. 2016 evidenced Callaway won that lottery.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Once again, even in an amateur event, the "Callaway" name was front and center. Can't believe Callaway has rec'd so much front-and-center television coverage this year. It has to be a crap shoot as to which players a company signs. 2016 evidenced Callaway won that lottery.

Fan boi. :p

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not really. Have owned numerous Callaway clubs over the years... clear back to the S2H2 irons. Carded my first ace in 1994 with a Callaway Big Bertha iron. (One of the first real "shovels".) Today, only have a couple Callaway fairway woods and a couple Odyssey putters.
Callaway and Ping have been noted for years as having the best customer service in the industry. Back when Woods was winning every other tournament, we saw Nike on a lot of hats. Taylor Made has paid tee up dollars for using their drivers and we've seen Taylor Made hats. Ping has been prominent on Tour. I just don't remember a season where we have seen Callaway in the final Sunday group at most all the Majors and, now, the U.S. Amateur.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Not really. Have owned numerous Callaway clubs over the years... clear back to the S2H2 irons. Carded my first ace in 1994 with a Callaway Big Bertha iron. (One of the first real "shovels".) Today, only have a couple Callaway fairway woods and a couple Odyssey putters.
Callaway and Ping have been noted for years as having the best customer service in the industry. Back when Woods was winning every other tournament, we saw Nike on a lot of hats. Taylor Made has paid tee up dollars for using their drivers and we've seen Taylor Made hats. Ping has been prominent on Tour. I just don't remember a season where we have seen Callaway in the final Sunday group at most all the Majors and, now, the U.S. Amateur.
Agreed!!!

As most of you know I grabbed an Odyssey #7 after Stenson's Open Championship. I have to admit Odyssey putters are the real deal!!!

🔥 Latest posts