• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

US Open at Shinnecock Hills

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
“If I hit it any harder I’d go down the fvcking hill.” DJ on 9.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
“If I hit it any harder I’d go down the fvcking hill.” DJ on 9.
They just showed, though, he's been short on every putt today. As Sub said, it's in his head. We have some tough pin placements on our course where if you go past the hole, the ball rolls clear off the green. On those pins, the mind games make you leave the putts short and the next one is even more difficult.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Poulter birdied two holes in a row so it's out there. Justin Rose has hit 1 out of 10 greens today and is only +1. He is showing you can chip onto and putt these greens. Daniel Berger carded a 66 this morning. Said he was going home to watch the carnage... and is probably laughing his butt off doing so.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Closest to the pin on #14 for the day....39 feet. Hit it any closer and it’s off the green. What a great golf hole. :rolleyes:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Paul Azinger...USGA apologist. Boosting up DJ saying how he has recovered. Of course, he’s on 12 and has not faced the gauntlet of #13 and #14. Let’s see he does there before we claim that he has overcome adversity.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Koepka on 15...approach shot within 10 ft of the hole.....slowly rolls off into the bunker. Simply awesome. :rolleyes:

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Oh and did I mention #18?

Here’s me almost 30 years ago showing 18 the big dog!

Attachments

• 511CD78C-818D-40A0-BD75-8627376FB7AC.jpeg
    511CD78C-818D-40A0-BD75-8627376FB7AC.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 84

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
This is said to be one of the best golf courses in the US?
I'd rather play at my muni. Shinnecock looks like a nightmare. 5 feet from the hole, and you can still putt off the green. No trees, knee deep fescue and rough. Blaaah.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I'd rather play at my muni. Shinnecock looks like a nightmare. 5 feet from the hole, and you can still putt off the green. No trees, knee deep fescue and rough. Blaaah.
It is a difficult course, but not as difficult as it is showing. Probably a great course to play when it is peak condition before the USGA gets a hold of it and modifies it for Open play.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008

Seriously? We BOTH know you would be on the First Tee before you could say Shottalk if you were lucky enough to score a round at Shinnecock.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.