• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

US Open at Shinnecock Hills

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Official Sponsor of the US Open
Kleenex.jpg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
subsonic, We get it. You like the setup. #moveon :D

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
subsonic, We get it. You like the setup. #moveon :D

Actually... You don't. To be blunt, I accept it for what it is. My whole life, the only thing missing at the US Open has been the Windmills and Clowns, but it will not change. Much like my inlaws. So I learned to #moveon :D

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Well, at least the USGA admitted they screwed up the setup on TV following the round and are hopefully taking steps to prevent a repeat tomorrow. The last 5 groups scores in relation to par were brutal. The last two guys off the tee tomorrow were tied for 45th starting Saturday’s round.

Last edited:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
They just showed, though, he's been short on every putt today. As Sub said, it's in his head. We have some tough pin placements on our course where if you go past the hole, the ball rolls clear off the green. On those pins, the mind games make you leave the putts short and the next one is even more difficult.

Such a contrast to the DJ of R1 & R2.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
After today's round I'm T1, T1, 5, (after Rickie crapped the sheets) T61.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I don't know if the best golfer wins on this kind of course setup. I think the LUCKIEST golfer wins which could be almost any journeyman out there.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
They'e not hacking it up like the rest of us. The rest of us would shoot in the 130's on our best day.

That’s ok...guys who hit a 5 iron 230 yards playa different game than us...I love to see them defeated by a goof course like the rest of us

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
It's like watching gladiators being eaten by lions.
They are all clearly terrified.
This course set-up is hideous.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The course conditions this week, especially Saturday, have become a topic of 'hearty' discussion. What it has accomplished is the commentators and fans have something else to discuss (argue about) than whether Tiger is back. The television broadcast did not have to spend their time replaying Woods first two rounds when the course condition was front and center.
On that topic, I thought we did see an improved showing for Woods. He is still fighting a body that has been stressed beyond belief for many years with one of the most aggressive swings ever seen. And, he can no longer seem to will the ball into the hole with the flatstick. I predict we will continue to see him contending, often in the top ten, for the next year. Once he has to admit to himself he can no longer win a major, he will transition into business or politics. In the meantime, he seems fully convinced he will win another major championship. The Open Championship is the next up. I'm ready for it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.