• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

USGA Notebook: Ariya Jutanugarn Wins U.S. Women's Open in Playoff; First Champion From Thailand

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

By USGA

ARIYA JUTANUGARN DEFEATED HYO JOO KIM on the fourth playoff hole in the first year of the USGA's new two-hole aggregate playoff format. Jutanugarn became the sixth player to win both the U.S. Women's Open and the U.S. Girls' Junior Championship.

This is the second time in Jutanugarn's prior five U.S. Open appearances that she made the cut. Her highest prior finish is T17 (2016).

Jutanugarn is the first U.S. Women's Open champion from Thailand, and the twelfth international champion since 2000.

After the ninth hole in Round 4, Jutanugarn’s 16-under-par tied Juli Inkster's (1999) record for most strokes under par at any point in a U.S. Women's Open.

Kim was the only player in the field without a bogey in the final round of the Championship, and her 67 was the lowest final round in the field.

Source: USGA Notebook: Ariya Jutanugarn Wins U.S. Women's Open in Playoff; First Champion From Thailand

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
United States United States
I enjoy the LPGA...they hit the ball more “normally “ than the fellas on tour...I just cannot get used to the 195 yard full 7 iron...

🔥 Latest posts