• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Valley View GC

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Walked by these guys while playing last weekend. I couldn't tell if they were staring because they were impressed with my drive (which I boomed), or laughing at my second shot back up the hill that rolled behind a greenside pine. Super awesome feeling watching that roll behind a tree.

Valley View.jpg

Last edited:
OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Some good lookin' meat in that gallery!!!!!

That was my initial reaction, but oddly enough, I've found myself lacking a desire to shoot them these days. I grew up in ND and MT and have hunted plenty in my life. Then one day I just decided I would rather watch them. I have no idea why. Pheasants on the other hand I'll drop all day :)...well I'll shoot at them anyway, they rarely drop.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That was my initial reaction, but oddly enough, I've found myself lacking a desire to shoot them these days. I grew up in ND and MT and have hunted plenty in my life. Then one day I just decided I would rather watch them. I have no idea why. Pheasants on the other hand I'll drop all day :)...well I'll shoot at them anyway, they rarely drop.
Hangin' around with the Canadian (Rock) as much as you do, he probably won't let anything on four legs be used for food... before he has a chance to use if for "other purposes".

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hangin' around with the Canadian (Rock) as much as you do, he probably won't let anything on four legs be used for food... before he has a chance to use if for "other purposes".

Not true. Typically, all the orifices of an animal are discarded, not consumed. So, the meat is never spoiled by "the meat".

I'm not a savage.

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Not true. Typically, all the orifices of an animal are discarded, not consumed. So, the meat is never spoiled by "the meat".

I'm not a savage.

R35

Is this the "birdshot" approach? It saves the meat.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Is this the "birdshot" approach? It saves the meat.

I usually wait for the period after the bullet has done the deed and the carcass is still warm. I like to call it "the witching hour".

R35

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I usually wait for the period after the bullet has done the deed and the carcass is still warm. I like to call it "the witching hour".

R35
Animal necrophelia... Reminds me of a story about a chicken plucker......

🔥 Latest posts