• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

versa #9

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Looking for a Versa #9 putter. I have a few putters or almost any golf equipment to trade or ill just buy outright. But not for the $179 they want at the store. Heck, I can get it on ebay for half, but thought id ask here if anyone has one.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Ok... so I found a versa putter. Now someone buy a few of mine to help me pay for it, and get rid of some of this extra equipment here. Please... SOMEONE BUY A PUTTER OR DRIVER
I might even sell the scotty

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I'm gaming the #9 Versa. It may be the ugliest putter that I've ever owned. Usually when I buy a putter it goes through a testing phase before I put it in the bag. I played 9 holes with it, bought it and put it straight in the bag. Within a month, I sold the Cameron that it replaced. I have tried a few different heel shafted putters (Rife, SC and other #9 models) and they just don't cut it. I just make more putts with it.

I can't get rid of my Versa but I'll sell you a #9 White Damascus. :)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Anybody got a picture of this ugly thing?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Anybody got a picture of this ugly thing?
1425344803991.jpg

This is the black version. There is also a white one. Phil uses the white one.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I don't care for any of the black and white putters odyssey offers.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
They roll nice? I love the head style, not crazy about the colors though!
I start the ball on line. I have never had more confidence in hitting my mark. So the big thing is inside 5 feet. I tend to over rotate the face closed with other putters. My miss was always left. I think the heel shaft and the SS grip negate a lot of that.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I start the ball on line. I have never had more confidence in hitting my mark. So the big thing is inside 5 feet. I tend to over rotate the face closed with other putters. My miss was always left. I think the heel shaft and the SS grip negate a lot of that.
I had the same problem with anser style putters, my miss was a dead left pull. My putting improved drastically when I switched to heel a shafted putter. For me the big thing is weight.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
It feels great! Guess I can sell the Scotty now. Dad has a sabertooth, asked if I wanted it, I'm not to fond of the sabertooth, but always wanted an Odyssey. Now I have one. Yay

🔥 Latest posts