• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Very weird eBay/PayPal xaction today

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Today around 1500, I get a PayPal notification on my smartphone that I sent $100.40 to a PayPal account. Having no idea WTF it was for, I checked my account and saw that "I" had purchased a set of Callaway irons (1996 BB) for $85 plus shipping on eBay. Knowing that I did NOT do this, I immediately sent an eBay message to the seller asking him NOT to ship and that this was unauthorized. Got on the phone with PP and eBay and got the sale voided and both parties opened a case and guaranteed I would be reimbursed. The transaction has the irons shipping to me at my VA address, so it's not like I got hacked by somebody trying to steal clubs. The ONLY motivation I can think of is the seller hacked me and assumed I am a mindless geezer who'd just think I didn't remember (shut the fuk up you guys) ordering, or somebody knows I live in FL in the winter and was going to steal them off my VA porch? Neither make any real sense to me. The other possibility is the my phone bought them, but I have not even shopped this item, watched it, or even browsed to it. Very weird..................I have changed my passwords on eBay, PP and email.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I believe your subconscious understands you need all the help you can get on the course. That mind moved your fingers to order one of the most forgiving sets of irons ever made. Your subconscious won't rest until you bag the BB's and sell the Pings!!!:D

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
I believe your subconscious understands you need all the help you can get on the course. That mind moved your fingers to order one of the most forgiving sets of irons ever made. Your subconscious won't rest until you bag the BB's and sell the Pings!!!:D
oh, shit..................

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Let me get the Last Tee involved. Have you been taking your Gingko?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
5hit. He has gone down the rabbit hole. Another one lost in space.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Maybe you have perfected the art of sleep-ho'ing? Ordering clubs unciously in your R.E.M. cycle. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good theory, but if I'd have perfected the art, I would have sleep-ho'd a better purchase. ;)
After that comment.... Eli Callaway will appear in your next dream/nightmare with a "Big Bertha" in one hand and a "Hickory Stick" in the other, beating you senseless!!!!!:D

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
After that comment.... Eli Callaway will appear in your next dream/nightmare with a "Big Bertha" in one hand and a "Hickory Stick" in the other, beating you senseless!!!!!:D
I'm not dissing the model - '96 BB were great irons. This deal was bad. The clubs were beaters - it was a graphite set and the 5 iron had a steel shaft - mismatched grips - bad deal.

🔥 Latest posts