• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vick staying with Eagles

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
It all sounds good that he would excel with the new offense we'll see next year but I still think he's too prone to injury now in his old age. I don't think these other young, running QB's are going to last long either. Give me a solid pocket passer that can run once in awhile where the odds of them having a long carreer are much better. Look at Griffith III. Didn't even make it through his rookie year. Pumpernickel might last longer but who knows.

What say you?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It all sounds good that he would excel with the new offense we'll see next year but I still think he's too prone to injury now in his old age. I don't think these other young, running QB's are going to last long either. Give me a solid pocket passer that can run once in awhile where the odds of them having a long carreer are much better. Look at Griffith III. Didn't even make it through his rookie year. Pumpernickel might last longer but who knows.

What say you?
Are you saying that because you have Aaron Rodgers and were destroyed in the playoffs by a "runner"? :)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Seriously though, Vicks best days are behind him. I guess I would take him if he was a bargain, nut not for 10-15 mil.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
He has always had turnover and decision making issues. I can't imagine any team winning with him at the helm.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
If he can stay healthy and Chip Kelly can put together anything that resembles a defense, they will be decent.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm just so glad he resigned with the Eagles and didn't follow Reid to KC. Of course, I hear he's pretty familiar with the KC area, with Leavenworth just up the road.

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
Vick's best days are behind him. IMO, it was more that the Eagles looks around at their options and figured that Vick was their best option. I expect the Eagles to struggle next season, miss the playoffs and be looking to draft a QB. Vick isnt the answer.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Vick's best days are behind him. IMO, it was more that the Eagles looks around at their options and figured that Vick was their best option. I expect the Eagles to struggle next season, miss the playoffs and be looking to draft a QB. Vick isnt the answer.
It will also be interesting to see how Chip Kelly's offense translates to the NFL.

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
It will also be interesting to see how Chip Kelly's offense translates to the NFL.
Yeah, I dont think the read option is a long-term thing for the NFL simply because a Q B isnt going to last very long in that kind of offense. Sure, its great when they are in their early 20s and have a high level of mobility and athleticism but when a QB gets a bit older and slows down a step all it takes is 1 big hit and it can be all over. Just look at RG3. Read option is just the flavor of the month.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah, I dont think the read option is a long-term thing for the NFL simply because a Q B isnt going to last very long in that kind of offense. Sure, its great when they are in their early 20s and have a high level of mobility and athleticism but when a QB gets a bit older and slows down a step all it takes is 1 big hit and it can be all over. Just look at RG3. Read option is just the flavor of the month.
Most of the new crop of QB's can actually throw from the pocket which is a huge difference from running QB's of the past.

I don't know much about Kelly or Oregon but I am not optimistic about his transition to the NFL.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
In other QB news Chris Mortensen of ESPN has been reporting that there has been luke warm interest in Smith. I thought more teams would be interested, including my Cards.

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
Most of the new crop of QB's can actually throw from the pocket which is a huge difference from running QB's of the past.

I don't know much about Kelly or Oregon but I am not optimistic about his transition to the NFL.
True but they all try to extend the play with their feet. Im just waiting for linebackers to get sick of it and start lighting up these QBs with big hits. That will make them think twice, hesitate and that will be the end of the read options in the NFL. Just like everything else, DCs will learn how to defend it.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
True but they all try to extend the play with their feet. Im just waiting for linebackers to get sick of it and start lighting up these QBs with big hits. That will make them think twice, hesitate and that will be the end of the read options in the NFL. Just like everything else, DCs will learn how to defend it.
This.

🔥 Latest posts