• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO: Ian Poulter's Shank and Recovery

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Shot 2: Shank
Shot 4: Spectacular

That's golf. pic.twitter.com/IxX2XfqUaw
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 15, 2017

I MISSED THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP. That is, I didn't see any of the final round. It was Mother's Day and I had to drive to the Shenandoah Valley. Enough said.

I'm still trying to catch up on golf after a short intense stretch of family life that included an engagement, a prom, a college graduation, Mother's Day and probably something else.

Of course, 21-year-old Si Woo Kim won The Players thanks to a sparkling short game and great composure for an untested player.

Ian Poulter (featured in the video) tied for second with Louis Oosthuizen but had to hang on after shanking his approach shot on the 18th. We've all done it, right? It was a potentially disastrous finish by the Englishman. (Some observers were critical of Poulter's conservative approach coming down the stretch, suggesting that he wasn't playing to win.)

One thing all can agree on: Poulter's recovery shot after the shank was sublime. He made his par and collected a big fat T2 check.

If only I could recover like that. I'm still trying to recover from shanks I hit in my youth.

Source: VIDEO: Ian Poulter's Shank and Recovery

🔥 Latest posts