• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO: The Putting Blues of Jeff Maggert and Tiger Woods

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
This is the most calm 5-putt ever caught on camera. pic.twitter.com/pKn6KOzTLa
— Skratch (@Skratch) March 11, 2019

NO MATTER HOW FAR THE GOLF BALL flies and rolls, no matter how long golf courses become, and no matter how modern golf equipment enables a jaw-dropping power game, success in golf still, in large part, comes down to putting.

Jeff Maggert (above), a tour professional who has won eight times on the PGA Tour and Champions Tour, five-putted from five feet on the final hole of his opening round at the Hoag Classic. He carded an ugly triple bogey at 18 and posted a 5-over 76.

While I was watching Maggert, I wanted to say, "Stop, take a breath, regroup."

But we've all been there, haven't we? Slapping the golf ball back and forth around the cup. The only difference is that someone in our friendly game probably would have said, "Pick it up, that's good," after the second miss.

There's a happy ending to Maggert's viral putting episode. The journeyman came back the next day and shot 63. He only needed 22 putts.

Speaking of putting, here's Tiger Woods working with putting coach Matt Killen at The Players Championship on Monday. Tiger has struggled on the greens, including too many three-putts.

Source: VIDEO: The Putting Blues of Jeff Maggert and Tiger Woods

🔥 Latest posts