• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vijay switches to OLD Driver

Wildbore

Oct 24, 2005
Vijay is abandoning his HiBore driver. He is going back to his Cleveland Launcher Comp Driver, in addition to his old shaft. He says his game is on the brink of being in order, and he hopes this change will improve consistancy.

There is no doubt in Vijay's mind that he will win the Deutsche Bank Championship. Tiger might as well stay at the K Club in Ireland if thats the case.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
To correct u there wildbore, Vijay switched off the HiBore about 2 months ago, he switched back to a 460 comp. Now he is switching back to another driver that is a year or so old (that he used back in the 10 mill $ season), with that same shaft.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Wildbore said:
There is no doubt in Vijay's mind that he will win the Deutsche Bank Championship. Tiger might as well stay at the K Club in Ireland if thats the case.

did he say that??

if so, and tiger heard about it, the field will be kissing his butt because that's all they'd see

tiger takes things like that literally....point and case...michael cambell

tiger's drive..for five

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sandpiper3 said:
To correct u there wildbore, Vijay switched off the HiBore about 2 months ago, he switched back to a 460 comp. Now he is switching back to another driver that is a year or so old (that he used back in the 10 mill $ season), with that same shaft.

He's actually been hitting the Comp since early June. He stated publicly that the HiBore was "too straight" and he couldn't work the ball. He went back to the Comp and is now going back to.....you guessed it...

....his Launcher 460 Ti.

I'm telling ya, this club has merit.

R35

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Rockford35 said:
He's actually been hitting the Comp since early June. He stated publicly that the HiBore was "too straight" and he couldn't work the ball. He went back to the Comp and is now going back to.....you guessed it...

....his Launcher 460 Ti.

I'm telling ya, this club has merit.

R35

Just throwing one more lure out there for me aren't you Rock.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
bames said:
Just throwing one more lure out there for me aren't you Rock.

I only have 10lb test on, so don't struggle much. Just take the bait and jump right into the Launcher, er, boat.

:D

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Wildbore said:

Give me a break. Vijay has peaked, and you may disagree personally, but all the evidence shows otherwise. And he thinks he can beat Tiger if both of them are on their best game? Hahaha, this is the Mickelson conversation all over again.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
JEFF4i said:
Hahaha, this is the Mickelson conversation all over again.

I don't think so, personally. When Vijay was playing his best, he proved he was the world's best at the time. He pushed Tiger for the first time ever. Phil never made that sort of impact.

Vijay, at the TOP of his game, would be Tiger's closest advisary. He has a strong mental game, huge work ethic and has all the tools to win. Sounds just like Tiger. Phil isn't even close.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Rockford35 said:
I don't think so, personally. When Vijay was playing his best, he proved he was the world's best at the time. He pushed Tiger for the first time ever. Phil never made that sort of impact.

Vijay, at the TOP of his game, would be Tiger's closest advisary. He has a strong mental game, huge work ethic and has all the tools to win. Sounds just like Tiger. Phil isn't even close.

R35

I agree Veeg has an extraordinary work ethic...he is very very disciplined both mentally and physically.

The flatstick is his enemy...if he can get that to work reasonably well...he can play with Tiger and give him a strong run anytime.

I think Phail is much more flighty...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
The flatstick is his enemy...if he can get that to work reasonably well...he can play with Tiger and give him a strong run anytime.

And as evidence, his 11 win season. He putted the lights out that year, wat a specticle that would have been if Mr. Woods would have been at the top of his game as well that year:D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Rockford35 said:

R35

Okay, I take that back. It isn't Phil all over again. Vijay's work ethic is excellent, but bottom line Vijay vs Tiger statistically Tiger will always be better. And if Vijay is at the top of his game, and Tiger is as well, my money is still on #1.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Give me a break. Vijay has peaked, and you may disagree personally, but all the evidence shows otherwise. And he thinks he can beat Tiger if both of them are on their best game? Hahaha, this is the Mickelson conversation all over again.

Hummmm...only a 61 for evidence. :confused:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I guess you'd be hard pressed to find a better answer to this argument than what goes down tomorrow. VJ is 3 up after shooting the low round of his career and Tiger is going for a 5th straight. Sadly this is happening 20miles up the road from me and I won't be there. I have my own nemesis to beat on the course tomorrow..... and he's in my head.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.