• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vijay's Numbers for 2004....wow....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Here's some quick math for all of you...

Vijay made a little over 10,900,000 dollars in 2004. (Officially, $10,905,166, but who's counting.)

If any of us, as "average Joes" made $150,000USD a year, it would take us 72.5 years to equal what he made in one season playing golf.

Kinda makes you sick, eh?

One another note, Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees made 18 million this season, or a little under 30,000 an at bat.

Michael Schumacher of F1 made just over 75 million dollars in 2003.

I would venture to say that Rodriguez is an "athlete". Schumacher is not an athlete. He drives a car. Sure, he might be in good shape, but so am I, and i couldn't beat him around the track.

It's funny how money numbers like this totally escape my thinking. These guys make in one year (or quarter year!) the amount I would love to win in a lottery.

Crazy.

Discuss openly, as always.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
How about Tiger's slump?

I can't even count how many articles and threads I've seen regarding Tiger and his slump.

He's set to earn a reported $80,000,000.00 this year and he got to marry Elin. Poor guy, hope things get better for him. :puke:

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
80 million? Times are tough around the Wood's house.

That Elin better be pulling in her fair share to help out.

I wish I had 80 million of anything. Then, i'd sell them all on e-bay for a quarter.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Oh yeah, and he has this too. I'm ready to be in a slump. :golf:

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
80 million? Times are tough around the Wood's house.

That Elin better be pulling in her fair share to help out.

I wish I had 80 million of anything. Then, i'd sell them all on e-bay for a quarter.

R35

I'd scoop up 80 million plastic tees from ya.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Tiger earns most of his from endorsements though. Being young, charismatic and good looking certainly doesn't hurt.

Wonder how much Vijay earns from endorsements...I'll bet Cleveland pays him pretty well but nowhere near the $40M El Tigre gets from Nike...

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004
I've always thought that F1 drivers should be paid heaps because they rsisk their lives whenever they go out on the track, which is a lot more than most other sportspeople do.

:thumbup:

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
grazo said:
I've always thought that F1 drivers should be paid heaps because they rsisk their lives whenever they go out on the track, which is a lot more than most other sportspeople do.

:thumbup:

What about fishermen? For what they do, especially when catching Snow Crabs, lots of fishermen die in the storm...
They should make it a televised event with sponsors and all.

Members online

No members online now.