• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VR Pro 52*!

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Bought one yesterday, finally. Not a steal by any stretch, but I paid for it...but not paying for it, lol. Brother in law was gonna buy me one for helping with his basement re-mod...but I decided I should just order it to make sure I get the one I want. Anyhow, was 74.95 on ebay. However, its new, with the x3x grooves, etc. I have the 3-P iron set. I just miss having a gap wedge which i used quite a bit with my old set.

Any of you guys have this wedge, thoughts?! Says it should be here Monday, need to get to the range stat...have a golf weekend in Traverse City, MI (A-ga-ming) next weekend. While i wouldnt be afraid to pull it out of the bag still...would be nice to go hit it a little bit!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I use the predecessor VR 52 degree with the box grooves. Great wedge. Can't comment about the model your getting but I think SUX might game it.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Indeed, I got a set of 52/56/60 in these. Love the look, love the spin, love the short shots. For long shots, the s400 appears to be a problem for me. I'm 15/20 yards shorter than my similarly lofted Taylor made zTP's w/ project x 6.5s. So, the nikes have spent most of the year on the bench.

First Round back with the ztps I holed out a sand wedge from 102 yards. Would barely have been able to get the 52 Nike that far.

OP
Hackin_Away

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Ah, i had Cobra FPs prior to these, and the gap which was a 49*ish. More I think about it the more I am beginning to think I shoulda gotten a lil less lofted one then a 52 because I used to use the gap for 100 in. I think with a 52 I am going to struggle to hit it 100...i hit hiiigh fly balls. Eeek. Welp just gonna have to find out I suppose.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have decided to dump the gap wedge, I have a 52* that I never hit and when I do I don't hit it well. I have gotten pretty versatile with my PW and SW so I am taking it out. My next wedge will likely be in the 54* range.

OP
Hackin_Away

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Yea, I just got sick of tryin to smoke sw's....or lay off pw's. I have a def gap in distance around 100ish. Was hoping the gap would fill the void. I mean it's gonna be here tomorrow I think. Probably go hit the range tomorrow or tues and see if i can hit it. Though my irons at the range period have been weirdly horrible...

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I hit my zTP 52 for 120ish. The vr pro 52 is barely 100 for me at current setup.
Switch the shafts. How much life could the Taylormades have left in them anyway?

All Nike VR irons and wedges are beautiful (the blades anyway). That's enough of a reason to abandon the zTPs :p

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
That's the plan. But the ztps are still so solid. I'm going to get px shafts for the nikes, but I'm not prepared to disassemble the taylormades. They're too reliable.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I have 2 of them, one has the True Temper Spinner+ and the other has a Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400. This is my first season with a 52* and so far I have hit it far more often than I thought I would. I really like the flight and spin consistency I get with it.

🔥 Latest posts