• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Walter Hagen "The Haig" irons

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I noticed a set at a garage sale tonight, I might offer a few bucks for the set. I LOVE the look of the heads on the irons - anyone ever seen these or know anything about them? I'm not going to switch from the MP-60s or anything, but for some reason I love practicing with blades and I've worn out the old Titleist 8 iron that I beat balls with.

big_greasy_taco

Jul 31, 2007
The company Walter Hagen is owned by Dicks Sporting Goods. I believe that they are the only store that sells the brand. The equipment is manufactured by a brand name company, though I am not sure which one, I think it may be multiple companies. (Think Walmart brand itmes!) If you look at their golf bags inparticular, many seem to resemble ogio and bagboy designs.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I remember the Walter Hagen company making some really nice blades about 20-25 years ago. When I got my first blades it came down to Wilson Staffs (which I got) and The Haigs. Some of my buddies played them around 1985 or so. At that time, they were a top of the line club.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I remember the Walter Hagen company making some really nice blades about 20-25 years ago. When I got my first blades it came down to Wilson Staffs (which I got) and The Haigs. Some of my buddies played them around 1985 or so. At that time, they were a top of the line club.

I love those old blades. My brother sold a set of MacGregor Blackface irons that my Dad used in high school. Those were some cool looking clubs.

If the Haig's are the old blades, I'd grab them just to have them.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
They are the old set, they come with the original woods too; for some reason they struck me as beautiful. I think I will try to pick them up today.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online