• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WG hits the range......

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
...and the Range hits back!!

oooh how they cringed when he chunked his
TM Rescue No4
oooh how they winced when he shanked his
Cleveland 900 58deg

oooh how they dived for cover when he went for his Launcher!!:D

Seriously, I got a dose of the lefts at the mo, mainly caused by concentrating on my wedge game(at the expence of everything else!) and not enough course time.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Yay I got here first!

From this view the first 3/4 of your backswing look very good but in that last 1/4 it look slike you overdo the wrists a bit and your right elbow completely disassociates with your body a bit Eamon Darcy style. This throws you weight onto your toes and the club points to the right of the target at the top (whihc is clear from a front view!). And I'm afraid it gets a little worse because on your downswing you start by turning you rwhole upper body around the BASE of your spine instead of the length of it. BUT THEN!.... you somehow stop this movement going too far with what must be some amazing strength developed over years of smothered pulls and you manage to get almost back into shape for impact! The only exception being that the club face is open as the club head hasn't caught up to your hands, but it looks like you turn your hands over pretty rapidly after impact so you have a fighting chance of drawing the ball back on target.

There is a mixture of highs and lows in what I've just said so feel free to delete the bits you don't like
icon10.gif

If you could control that right elbow I'm confident that the rest of your swing would click into place without too much trouble and you would lose many shots off your handicap.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
BTW I give 10 out of 10 for the finishing pose (we all know that the rest of the swing is pointless without a good one of them
icon10.gif
)

OP
W

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
DAMN your good EG!!
I thought I'd hidden all the bad bits of my swing, but you are spot on with your critique.
I do have "down-the line" clips of my swing but I couldn't bring myself to post them as they are "laugh-out-loud" bad!!
I really didn't think it was that bad until I took the vids.
As you have pointed out my right elbow takes a holiday during the back swing and I really need to fight to get a decent impact position.
When my timing is off (most of the time) it results in a snap-hook or conversely a nasty block.
I got a lot of work to sort this it seems!!:D
Cheers.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Note to self: never, ever, post a video of self on the internet, especially what I charitably call my golf "swing".

WG, I thought it looked pretty good, but what do I know?

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
Note to self: never, ever, post a video of self on the internet, especially what I charitably call my golf "swing".quote]

WUSS!
icon10.gif

Its the highlight of working day when somebody puts their swing on here, it gives me something interesting to do for a few minutes.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
Amen. I get all exited when I see someones swing posted. I also love watching the swing sequences on Golf Digest's website.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.