• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WHAT A PROLIFIC PUTTER DESIGNER THINKS ABOUT

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Bruce Sizemore Interview (Q&A)
Q. How did Bruce Sizemore become a putter designer?

My entire life since I was 5 yrs old was all about golf. In middle school I began grinding my own clubs, I felt like I could create something that would perform better than what you could buy off the rack. I turned pro at age 19 where my main focus became teaching and playing. I played on the mini-tours for a while but a bad back ended my dream. I continued teaching and tinkering with clubs and just felt I could design a better putter than what was out there.
Q. You are one of the few putter designers who has never replicated the Ping Anser style putter. Why is that?
I just don't think it is necessary...I just don't see the sense in copying his design. Karsten Solheim was a genius but I think everything can be improved...if you can't improve upon it than why design it? I have thrown quite a few of my designs away because they were not my best work and didn't improve on my past designs.
Q. Besides yourself, who in the putter design industry do you admire the most?
I know this sounds bad but I honestly stay away from looking at others putter models...almost to a fault. I don't want it to influence me and how I design.
Q. Where does your inspiration come from for your putters?
Automotive industry is definitely somewhere I get inspiration...because of Detroit and my passion for classic cars. And my background in teaching and playing and also learning from the tour players.
Q. Your putters have caught on overseas...what about that market and or culture do you think makes your putters so popular?
Attention to detail...the Asian market is all about materials, specs, manufacturing process and tolerances. From high to low handicap their golfers are very knowledgeable about equipment. And I think SuperStroke/Sizemore putters also stand out in a crowd.
Q. If you weren't a putter designer what would you be?
Good question...I don't know. Ever since 1st grade all I thought about was being a golfer. And all along the way the answer has always been the same.
Q. What is DCF-27 technology?
DCF technology is a putter face milled 27 times in 2 directions, creating a diamond shape integrated with vertical friction pattern.
Q. What is a vertical friction pattern?
A DCF friction pattern is a finely spaced milling point that imparts vertical friction when making contact with the ball. This creates optimal forward roll on a golf ball.
Q. What can 1,000 contact points do for your putter?
It ensures the flattest and truest surface on all points indicated across this face. Better contact equals better roll.
Q. What is the benefit of DCF Face Friction Technology?
By having as many as 27 individual friction points contacting your ball each putt, DCF putters create the highest energy transfer for the truest roll in golf.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Isn't Sizemore defunct now? I know he parted ways with Superstroke a while back because his stuff wasn't selling.

R35

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
As you guys know, I reach out on the various boards from time to time to see if there are any updates on Sizemore. A few months ago mygolfspy.com responded that they spoke with the Bruce and noted he was designing a new line of flatsticks along with some wedges. However, there have been no updates so who really knows.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online