• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
We're going to the inlaws about 35 miles north of home. Otherwise, hanging out around town and I'll probably work Wed/Fri/Sat.

Anybody travelling or taking a vacation of any sort?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Not really sure, there are plans in place but my life's in a bit of turmoil currently, so everything is subject to change.

edit...don't mean to be a thread killer

Last edited:

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
My grandmother is still with us and is going to continue cooking on Turkey Day like she has for eons. My favorite holiday. My grandfather and I used to watch football while the women cooked....so now, I make a point to sit in his chair and turn a game on. I'll also be aggravating all the kids....that's a tradition too. If it's not too cold, I may saddle a horse and go for a ride. At the end of the day when we finally get home, I plan on sharing a bottle of wine with my honey. Maybe the kids will go to bed early.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Family for lunch, family for dinner, family the next day for another dinner......gain 30 lbs and then go hunting all weekend.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
I'm working. Thanksgiving is in October, you morons.

:cool:

R35

Get_a_brain_morans_330px.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm working. Thanksgiving is in October, you morons.

:cool:

R35
That's "Muricans"... not "morons"... to you, Mr. Canuck. Eh?????

The manager at one of the upscale courses in our area was Canadian. He would always open his course on Thanksgiving... and allow us to play free... weather permitting. Said he had already celebrated his "Thanksgiving". He was fired a couple years ago and no more Turkey day freebies!!!!!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
We're still reeling from the move and my extended family is going out of town so we're going to our friend's house and letting them cook while I watch football and drink a bottle of wine.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
We're still reeling from the move and my extended family is going out of town so we're going to our friend's house and letting them cook while I watch football and drink a bottle of wine.
Don't forget to be a gentleman and wipe your spit from the neck of the bottle before passing it to your wife.

Members online