• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are you using for grips these days?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
It gas been a while since I have had to regrip some clubs, but after going through the collection the past few days some grips did not age well during the 6 year lay off. To date, my favorite grips are the Ping 703's, but I have not been keeping up to date on the latest offerings. What is everybody using these days and why? Any new grips worth a look see?

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Just bought some golf pride tour velvet BCT cords, I really like the full cord grip feel.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Golf Pride....usually the guys are on here don't own a club long enough to re-grip it, with all the ho'ing that goes on!
Even when I was ho'ing clubs on a regular basis The first thing I would usually do when it arrived is regrip it. I still have a drawer full of cut off grips that I used for swing weighting clubs. Every time I cut off a grip that was not in the collection, I added one to the collection in the event I ever needed to swing weight a club with that specific grip. The drawer is quite full. :D

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Lamkin Crossline midsize with 2 wraps of tape under the right hand.
How do you find the level of grip compared to GP Tour Velvets? I have always wanted to give the crosslines a go, but usually ended up trying something a bit more exotic that would cost twice as much and last half as long.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
How do you find the level of grip compared to GP Tour Velvets? I have always wanted to give the crosslines a go, but usually ended up trying something a bit more exotic that would cost twice as much and last half as long.
I played Tour Velvets for a long time and I like the Crosslines a little better. I play without a glove and I feel they have a little better grip.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just bought some golf pride tour velvet BCT cords, I really like the full cord grip feel.
Interesting. I currently have the Ping 703 corded on my irons, but have always felt that GP's cording was a bit harsh on the bare hand. Is the BCT cord softer/more comfortable than the original GP cord?

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Black on my driver, love it!
I used to use the Tour Wrap as my primary grip, but eventually went into firmer/more textured grips when I moved to Florida for moisture management (after one failed attempt at regripping everything in Winn grips...short life span).

If I lived in a cooler climate I would consider going back to the Tour Wrap as I always liked the grip.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I played Tour Velvets for a long time and I like the Crosslines a little better. I play without a glove and I feel they have a little better grip.
Thanks for the insight. They are definitely one of the leading grips on my radar.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Golf Pride Multi-Compound. Spendy but I love them!
Have they improved them since the were first released? I tried them on several clubs when they first came out and found the top hand end a big too rough and the lower hand end a bit fragile.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.