• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are you using for grips these days?

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
My Ping 703 corded are tearing up my lower hand, going to go back to non corded.

Thinking Ping ID8's....anyone have experience with these?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Not at 10 freaking dollars a grip
I just ordered REL's from the Lamkin site on close out. Love these grips and got 20 of them for the price of 5 MCC's. Multi compounds are great but stupid expensive

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
My fav wrap style is the GP Tour Wrap 2G, They are super tacky and 'rubbery', making them easy to install. The standard size comes in red, white, blue and black and I can find them on eBay w/free shipping for $4. The standards are real easy to install over extra wraps of tape, saving the extra cost of buying midsize. I'm a cheap bastard.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My fav wrap style is the GP Tour Wrap 2G, They are super tacky and 'rubbery', making them easy to install. The standard size comes in red, white, blue and black and I can find them on eBay w/free shipping for $4. The standards are real easy to install over extra wraps of tape, saving the extra cost of buying midsize. I'm a cheap bastard.
I could never get the feel i liked with Midsize grips, they just make the club feel dead in my hands.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I have an installation question, how exactly do I fit the grip's hole over the end of the shaft? I am having a really hard time getting it on the end.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have an installation question, how exactly do I fit the grip's hole over the end of the shaft? I am having a really hard time getting it on the end.
LOL, there has to be a joke here!

In all seriousness, put some tape over the hole and add solvent. One you get started it should slide right in.

Basically, lube it up!

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Squeeze the grip from top and bottom making it wider and fit it over the underside of the shaft. Hold it at a slight angle under the shaft and push it on. If you have enough grip solvent on the grip and tape it should just slide on.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.