• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build today?

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I picked these up cheap on an eBay auction and pulled the KT-M shafts out and send the heads to L & L Golf in GA. Ron Oneal is the man. He does the whole refurb like PING for $13/head instead of $17.75 and shipping is half. You can send him whole clubs or heads only. He even removed the previous owner's engraved name off the hosel and cleaned out the inside of the hosel for me. I highly recommend his work. He calls you right after the job is done and goes over the pics he sent of the finished product. If you're happy, you just PayPal him and he express mails your stuff same day. Sweet! Note: he ONLY works on PING clubs up until the cavity medallion models. I think that means pre-I3/G2? I am going to ream these to .370 and put FGS PLus graphite shafts in them.
**PROFESSIONAL** PING IRON RESTORATION SERVICE - / Wedge / Eye 2 / ISI / Zing

Zing1_zpsv7ubx6l7.jpg

Zing2_zpsyb4rgwaa.jpg

Last edited:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Those look nice, PapaD!

Checked out his site, he stops at the Eye2 series. So, he won't work on my i3's.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Those look nice, PapaD!

Checked out his site, he stops at the Eye2 series. So, he won't work on my i3's.
Yeah - only heads without cavity medallions. :(

My i3 O-Size are at PING right now getting the make-over. I'll post pics up when they come back, but their work is outstanding as well. My refurb Eye 2s are still looking like new and they are seeing 3 to 4 rounds a week. Of Note - they do not regroove the heads but this process seems to raise the edges a bit. I am chewing up golf balls and they stop quick!

Last edited:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
papaDsan- NO REAM PING! Last Tee craft program has gotten out of control.

Reminds me of ANdy Griffith where Barney bought all of the prisoners craft sets to break out.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Golfsmith XPC 3w & 5W (classics), Aldila VX. Acer XF Draw 3h & 4h, Aldila VX. Wishon 755PC, Matrix Kujoh graphite, 5-PW. Dynacraft Prophet CB, 5-GW, TT Multi-Step Lite. Whew! Butt trim and gripping tomorrow AM.

IMG_20160713_110320635_zpsgxruxqqq.jpg
These are butt trimmed, gripped, boxed up an waiting for my next round with subsonic. I wonder which ones he'll game?

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
papaDsan- NO REAM PING! Last Tee craft program has gotten out of control.

Reminds me of ANdy Griffith where Barney bought all of the prisoners craft sets to break out.

I chickened out. The heads came back yesterday and they look so damn pretty and new, I can't bring myself to ream them. I just cleaned all the old grip tape off the original KT-M shafts and there is ZERO rust inside, the labels are in good shape and there is no pitting. These clubs were well cared for. I will be restoring them back to original, grips and all. Serial numbers match, heads are like knew again - they might just hang on display.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Now you need some heads for those shafts. I got just the thing for you silly ho...

🔥 Latest posts