• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Somewhat like Acura...although not entirely

Acura doesn't exist in Japan. They're all Honda. However, in the early days Honda had a bad rap in the US as a budget car. So they introduced a luxury style car with a different make to fool the American people into thinking it was something other than a fancy Honda.

In Australia we have Honda but not Acura. Hondas have a good enough reputation here, particularly when it comes to engine quality.

We've had Lexus probably since the early 90s, and it has a good presence in the prestige motor vehicle market. The latest models are something else.

From memory, Nissan introduced Infinity here about 5 years ago. I think they've struggled to make an impression in the prestige motor vehicle market. I don't see that many of them.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
In Australia we have Honda but not Acura. Hondas have a good enough reputation here, particularly when it comes to engine quality.

We've had Lexus probably since the early 90s, and it has a good presence in the prestige motor vehicle market. The latest models are something else.

From memory, Nissan introduced Infinity here about 5 years ago. I think they've struggled to make an impression in the prestige motor vehicle market. I don't see that many of them.

Every Japanese company has its luxury vehicle but I think Toyotas Lexus might be the only one to actually make some name.

But Australians are not worth of entering no this conversation. We have Holden instead of Chevrolet! Hehehehe

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States

SWMBO (and occasionally PapaD) drives a Lexus ES330h hybrid sedan. I don't know how they did it, but that car gets 40+ mpg and accelerates like the gas model.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
SWMBO (and occasionally PapaD) drives a Lexus ES330h hybrid sedan. I don't know how they did it, but that car gets 40+ mpg and accelerates like the gas model.
It's not too difficult. The nature of electric motors means instant torque. There's a reason trains have been diesel electric hybrids for many years.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You get what you pay for, for a good price and shipped quickly.
Was just poking for post count. When you said you "couldn't say enough"... I had to be a smarta** and ask why you couldn't say enough....

Sheesh! ShotTalk has been so dead, right in the middle of golf season, I am trying to stir the embers.

🔥 Latest posts