• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Ahhhh. Cricket. You have much to learn. True ho give no fvcky eida way. Cannot evaruate club because only in bag numba 1 short time. No such ting as a wise ho!

Ex: papaD shoot career round. Bag already changed. He numba 1 Head mudda fvcking ho!
Subsonic wong in so many way. PapaD shoot career round and bag no change at all. PapaD learn to love Eye 2 long time!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Subsonic wong in so many way. PapaD shoot career round and bag no change at all. PapaD learn to love Eye 2 long time!

papaD you kukoo klock crazy! Subsonic like easy money. make bet with papaD. You likey?

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
I'm considering getting a kayak, so technically didn't buy anything but I'm thinking about buying something. Post count +1
Consider getting a Wilderness kayak. SWMBO and I have beat the crap out of ours and they are durable, light, and well made. It will cost you, though.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wilderness, Hobie, or Native seem to be the big 3 for Kayaks

I want a fishing kayak, and I don't wnat to buy a cheap one from Wal-Mart, however, I don't want to pay the $1300 for a hobie either...

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Consider getting a Wilderness kayak. SWMBO and I have beat the crap out of ours and they are durable, light, and well made. It will cost you, though.
Wilderness, Hobie, or Native seem to be the big 3 for Kayaks

I want a fishing kayak, and I don't wnat to buy a cheap one from Wal-Mart, however, I don't want to pay the $1300 for a hobie either...
Im really looking hard at a Perception Swifty Deluxe. Perception is one of the brands Wilderness owns and right now Dick's sporting goods has the yak for $349 with a pfd and a paddle. I have enough extra golf stuff laying around I can trade it all in and walk out with the boat for no $$$ out of pocket. Seems like a win to me.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Keep in mind the history of the Zings. Karsten put the KT's in the Zings at the get-go. Those shafts had worked well in the Eye 2+ line. The Zing design began snapping/bending the KT's right at the hosel. Karsten brought many sets back and replaced with JZs. And, shortly in to the release of the Zings, he began only equipping them with the JZ's as OEM. The 370 shaft will have a little more bulk. If it were me, I'd really question the idea of installing graphite in Zings, though. Of course, when we old geezers have swing speeds similar to school zone speed limits...................
Mine came today - they have KT-M shafts in them (the originals). I am going to pull them, ream out the heads to .370 and put some graphites in them. I'm doing the ream out so I can learn how and besides, my investment in the heads is very low, so I am not worried about resale value. I have a Golfworks .370 fluted reamer bit on the way!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Mine came today - they have KT-M shafts in them (the originals). I am going to pull them, ream out the heads to .370 and put some graphites in them. I'm doing the ream out so I can learn how and besides, my investment in the heads is very low, so I am not worried about resale value. I have a Golfworks .370 fluted reamer bit on the way!
I've used a carbide drill bit with good success. Picked it up at the local hardware store. :)

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
I've used a carbide drill bit with good success. Picked it up at the local hardware store. :)
I did my Eye 2 3 & 4 iron heads yesterday as a test with a Kobalt bit. I used WD40 for cutting oil and the job was very quick with a battery powered drill going as slow as I could control the speed. Since the bit fits into the top portion of the hosel, the hosel seems to act as a guide, preventing a crooked ream.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I did my Eye 2 3 & 4 iron heads yesterday as a test with a Kobalt bit. I used WD40 for cutting oil and the job was very quick with a battery powered drill going as slow as I could control the speed. Since the bit fits into the top portion of the hosel, the hosel seems to act as a guide, preventing a crooked ream.
This is true and works well.

🔥 Latest posts