• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I'd go 16 and 20 but whats a degree between friends?
Driver is 12, so 16 and 20 would be an even transition. But... I haven't had a 3-wood in the bag in years. Just never could hit a low-lofted club off the fairway. My cart partner and another guy in our regular group hit their drivers off the fairway pretty often and pretty well. I sure can't!! Hence, the higher lofts on both and see how we get along. Will know more after playing them tomorrow morning.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Driver is 12, so 16 and 20 would be an even transition. But... I haven't had a 3-wood in the bag in years. Just never could hit a low-lofted club off the fairway. My cart partner and another guy in our regular group hit their drivers off the fairway pretty often and pretty well. I sure can't!! Hence, the higher lofts on both and see how we get along. Will know more after playing them tomorrow morning.

I play with a 12* driver and a 19* 5 wood, and I never find myself wishing I had another fairway wood. I can hit that 5W as far as and probably farther than any 3 wood - I just don't make enough speed to launch the 3w high enough.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I play with a 12* driver and a 19* 5 wood, and I never find myself wishing I had another fairway wood. I can hit that 5W as far as and probably farther than any 3 wood - I just don't make enough speed to launch the 3w high enough.
Was tempted to get only the 5-wood. However, this was a matched pair in pristine condition someone had traded in at our local golf shop. Didn't want to break up siblings.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
This. Looking forward to having it at range sessions to ensure the arms are kept close in.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1468044578.280280.jpg

Members online

No members online now.