• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Nothing, yet... Nike Vapor Fly drivers, $149... Nike Vapor Fly fairways, $99... Nike Vapor hybrids... $89 at our local golf shop today. Sounds like they are cheap all over, trying to clean them out. I have my eyes on a set of Vapor Pro irons that have been marked down once. If they go a tad bit lower.... they will probably get picked up by someone else before I get there.

Quite a discussion with the shop owner. He's been around this business 30 years. Says Adidas has a buyer for Taylor Made who is performing due diligence now going over books. That purchase is scheduled to be announced at the PGA Show... a Chinese buyer. Puma finding they made a mistake with Cobra and pushing stuff out the door at discounted prices. UnderArmor no longer interested in getting in the golf club business. Thinks the clothing companies came in trying to sell with colors and plastic medallions, etc. You can sell new shirts with new color schemes. No one is doing R&D anymore, looking for real innovative ideas that will help a player's game. Says there is either a shake up or a shake out coming. He thinks it will be a shake out, with some OEM's being no longer. Adams, Cleveland, Cobra, Nike, Taylor Made... will any of those be making golf clubs in 2 years??

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Nothing, yet... Nike Vapor Fly drivers, $149... Nike Vapor Fly fairways, $99... Nike Vapor hybrids... $89 at our local golf shop today. Sounds like they are cheap all over, trying to clean them out. I have my eyes on a set of Vapor Pro irons that have been marked down once. If they go a tad bit lower.... they will probably get picked up by someone else before I get there.

Quite a discussion with the shop owner. He's been around this business 30 years. Says Adidas has a buyer for Taylor Made who is performing due diligence now going over books. That purchase is scheduled to be announced at the PGA Show... a Chinese buyer. Puma finding they made a mistake with Cobra and pushing stuff out the door at discounted prices. UnderArmor no longer interested in getting in the golf club business. Thinks the clothing companies came in trying to sell with colors and plastic medallions, etc. You can sell new shirts with new color schemes. No one is doing R&D anymore, looking for real innovative ideas that will help a player's game. Says there is either a shake up or a shake out coming. He thinks it will be a shake out, with some OEM's being no longer. Adams, Cleveland, Cobra, Nike, Taylor Made... will any of those be making golf clubs in 2 years??

Meanwhile, Srixon is ticking along nicely. Making great forged clubs. I've noticed more pros playing the brand.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I'm thinking about getting one of these.

Center Cut Classic SP3

GigaGolf: An Error Occurred

3.jpg

1.jpg

Members online