• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Do a review of the "G" irons. Will be interesting to see how you think they stack up against the other Ping irons you've played.
Will do. Playing 18 tomorrow, but as usual, I never know which golfer will be showing up. This is the first set I have owned that are of the "in-between" design like the G25, G30. Not quite a huge shovel (G10, 15, & 20, GMax) and not quite a player's cavity like the i20, i25, ie1. SWMBO plays PING Rhapsody irons which are based on the G30 head and I hit those pretty well. I'll post my remarks tomorrow evening.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Will do. Playing 18 tomorrow, but as usual, I never know which golfer will be showing up. This is the first set I have owned that are of the "in-between" design like the G25, G30. Not quite a huge shovel (G10, 15, & 20, GMax) and not quite a player's cavity like the i20, i25, ie1. SWMBO plays PING Rhapsody irons which are based on the G30 head and I hit those pretty well. I'll post my remarks tomorrow evening.
But... what if we can't wait until tomorrow evening?? Huh??? Maybe we demand a report at the turn and immediately after the round!! Just who do you think is in control, here!!!!!!!!!:D:D

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
PING G irons........love the way they frame the ball at address. All of the forgiveness is hidden from view. The impact on solid shots feels like you smashed the shit out of it. Sound is different as well as feel. The face of this model is a heat treated very thin steel. The sound and feel is kind of like a titanium face iron, like a K15 or Rapture. Flight is high like a shovel (think G15 or G20) and land soft. My longest iron is the 6, so I cannot comment on the 4 & 5. I chipped around the greens a lot today on the par 4s, using the 7 and 8 irons and these clubs really shine here too. Easy to pick it clean and run it up to the hole. These are strong lofted and I noticed. My PW is usually my 100yd carry club, but I hit twice today about 110. I hit the 6i about 150 - long for me. These sticks got me back to where I used to be on club selection. I guess the bottom line is, they play like SGI clubs, but look like GI clubs. PapaD tested, PapaD approved.

Downside........stupid ferrules.....

Last edited:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Eye2 2 thrus SW Green Dot Numbers Matching RFP.

IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Those even have the original grips!!! And, they have the ZZ Lite shaft. Wow!!! I'm jealous, SS!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts