• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't think bigger would help. I built a few of the old illegal 500cc component drivers and they aren't any longer off the sweet spot or any more forgiving on the toe/heel shots. I hit smaller drivers just as well as 460cc units since most of my contact is near/around the center of the face. My problem is the face isn't moving very fast.................:(
Legitmate case of diminishing returns.

However, actual results isn't what golf club manufacturers marketing systems are based upon.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
This putter - the first club in my soon to be hickory bag. I'd like to enter a few events in VA/Fla - I think it would be awesome.
s-l1600.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Bought the boy a set of these, 4-LW. Might take them for a spin this weekend!

View attachment 28412
One of the guys is our regular group... who usually is in the running for club champ each year... plays a set of those. We make fun of him for not playing "clubs that a REAL golfer would play"... while he cards rounds in the mid to low 70's every time out. His putter is an old Anser his dad gave him 25 years ago. He did finally put a new grip on the putter last year.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
They are still a bit long for him but he's pretty stoked, I'm going to take them for a spin this weekend as well :D
That model was not as clunky as some of the other Berthas. I predict you'll like them. The Uniflex shaft always baffled me tho..................it worked for me, but did it really fit me? Compromise shaft I guess.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
That model were not as clunky as some of the other Berthas. I predict you'll like them. The Uniflex shaft always baffled me tho..................it worked for me, but did it really fit me? Compromise shaft I guess.
Agreed, uniflex seems odd.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
It worked for the masses. Cally BB irons are iconic. The company has done very well over the decades. I was disappointed when they started the cascading product releases. They did not need to do that crap.
Agreed, I like Ping's model. Once a year maybe once every 2 years. Makes more sense to me.

🔥 Latest posts