1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by azgreg, Oct 22, 2013.

1. MCDavis

MCDavis The Plaid Duffer Staff Member Moderator

United States United States
    For resale, especially to a younger rider, the wrap might be a positive. I was thinking more along the lines of you or me riding it.

2. anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic Refusing Recovery Supporting Member

It was just way cheaper than buying new plastic and OEM decals. Time will tell...

Fairwaysplitter3320 and MCDavis like this.
  3. MCDavis

Be sure to post the final result.

4. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

450 eh? Damn, those things are beasts

anonymous golfaholic likes this.
  5. PaPaD

PaPaD Club ho, geezer........ Supporting Member

OMG...............I miss my dirt biking days. For 25 years I was into Hare Scrambles, Enduros, Observed Trials and just fun trailriding. I lived and breathed off road Mcycling. I was mostly a Yamaha/Suzuki guy and my Trials Bikes were Fantics. Really miss it.

6. anonymous golfaholic

Will do. It's oddly difficult to get an honest opinion on things like this. No one wants to hurt anyone's fragile feelings, I guess.

MCDavis likes this.
  7. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

Well, you've come to the right place! We offer slices of honesty topped with truth! Feelings are optional.

8. Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320 Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again. Staff Member Admin

Admin Post
    If it's for resale...do it. I wouldn't do it to my bike (if I still had one). IMHO

MCDavis likes this.
  9. anonymous golfaholic

I don't think it will look as noisy as you guys think. I like how it's going so far. *fingers crossed*

Fairwaysplitter3320 likes this.
  10. ualtim

ualtim Carrollton, TX Supporting Member

A pair of Tour Edge Exotics CBX hybrids. 18* and 22*
    Project X HZRDUS Black in 5.5 flex.

These are duplicates of what I already have in my Texas bag. Loved them so much, I decided to replace my Tour Edge HL3 Iron-Woods in my Florida bag.

Interesting story on acquiring them. Scoured the web to find them as stock is running low (old model) and some loft/flex options are impossible to find. The 18* in 5.5 flex was available at a couple of my usual suppliers, but the 22* was only available from TE directly and only in the stiffest flex. Google time. Found a place called Maple Hill Golf Course that was offering them in all lofts and flexes. Read some reviews online of the place and they seemed like a legit seller so I ordered them in my desired specs. Received an email confirming the order but that would be it for communication.

A day or so later, I receive a PayPal refund email and my first thought was I knew it was too good to be true. When I opened the email, they had refunded only the expedited shipping charges I had added on (wanted to hit the range Sunday morning) with no other explanation. Never received a shipping notice or any other communication, so I was getting kind of anxious. I had also ordered some items to be discussed later directly from Tour Edge and received a call from them the next day to confirm I had ordered two of the item (Texas bag and Florida bag) and that it was not a mistake. That afternoon I receive a shipping notice from Tour Edge via FedEx and it showed up in my FedEx App. Still nothing from Maple Hill.

The next day I receive another shipping notice from Tour Edge via UPS. Now I am really curious. Checking the apps for package description, I notice the shipping weights vary greatly so I make the assumption that the FedEx box are my hybrids and will be arriving Monday. Well, Sunday night in Dallas provided more excitement than just the Cowboys winning a game. FedEx Ground is at the location where Texas Stadium used to be (imploded...intentionally) which is a stones throw away from where the first tornado touched down Sunday night. FedEx never communicated a delay, but I am guessing the tornado damage in the area and a second line of thunderstorms coming in a few hours later kind of hampered their sort with employees hunkering down in storm shelters. Package did not arrive on Monday.

Finally received the package from FedEx this morning. As expected, it was the two hybrids from Maple Hill (via Tour Edge) but it was not the end of the surprises. First one out of the box is the 18* and I ogle it for a few minutes. On the next one, I notice an unusual tag/label with customization order info on it. It is the 22* hybrid in correct flex, but with a different grip on it than all of my other CBX clubs. Apparently, Tour Edge built one for me as it was not in stock. I found it a bit strange that I could get one built through a third party but not directly from Tour Edge. You would figure that Tour Edge would offer that option through their own store if it is indeed available.

So, I am thrilled to have my hybrids. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of communication from Maple Hill, but I am ecstatic they were able to source a 22* CBX in my desired flex and do it $30 cheaper per club.

2CF0C788-DCE6-4FAA-B98C-F23DBEED1FA5. 2C902295-2947-45E2-B79D-96DC438B3760. 8C34120A-72DF-4CE3-AD7D-0F4B559292FF. B9827373-92E9-4CD6-BB38-B8C19A5EB971.

11. MCDavis

Sweet!!

12. ualtim

It gets better...

13. ualtim

UPS arrived early! It’s like Christmas in October.

As mentioned earlier, I had placed another order with Tour Edge last week as I found a deal too good to pass up while I was searching for my CBX hybrids. I ordered two sets of Tour Edge Exotic CBX Iron-Woods 5-AW. Yes, two sets of irons, buying things in two now to have similar bags in Florida and Texas.

When Tour Edge released these, silver was the standard color and Black Pearl was limited release. Apparently, folks preferred the Black Pearl finish so much that it is now the only ones they are making in full iron sets and the silver finish are being closed out. $399 for a set of irons that was going for $1400 with Project X HZRDUS Black shafts. $57 per club.

Not a lot of info on these on the inter webs except for the long iron replacement clubs but everything I found was favorable.

10602D2B-A196-4265-92BA-ABF7A766A895. D621F143-14CB-4749-B68C-189BC42F66C3. F5B53926-6C8B-4AB8-8AE4-65EA6036C763. D4A5A25D-FE3D-4D3F-AF86-6C033058B546.

14. BigJim13

BigJim13 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Well time for me to chime in! I love the Odyssey #9 style head and for years now have putted with a Nike Method Mod 60, it’s ugly but rolls the ball so well I’ve made more putts than ever before. It’s knocked Odyssey and Scotty out of the bag and at a fraction of the cost.

Well being the club ho that I am I’ve been lusting after an Odyssey Toulon San Francisco mallet for a few years now, but haven’t been able to find one in a price point I’m willing to pay. 2nd swing has one now on their site for $600, no thanks.

Anyway Cally preowned had one the other day and I snatched it. Was very excited to try it, put my fave Lamkin grip on it and off I went. Played last Saturday and Sunday with it annnnddd....was really disappointed LOL. Feel was ok, roll was decent but not as good as my Nike.

Here are some pics, but it’s up on the bay now for sale...not kicking my Nike out of the bag.
    ImageUploadedByShot Talk1571803338.523947. ImageUploadedByShot Talk1571803353.554990. ImageUploadedByShot Talk1571803364.972292.

15. anonymous golfaholic

I dig it! I'm a fellow Odyssey #9 guy too

Fairwaysplitter3320 and BigJim13 like this.
  16. sssmokin

sssmokin Retired and loving it Supporting Member

I bought these Ping Eye2 beauties from PaPaD. 20191023_175206. 20191023_175323.

17. PaPaD

PaPaD Club ho, geezer........ Supporting Member

Golf Central in The Villages has a barrel full of new PING Glide wedges for $59.95 each. I bought a 56 degree.

Fairwaysplitter3320 and sssmokin like this.
  18. BigJim13

BigJim13 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I was pretty disappointed in the feel. It’s milled 303 stainless and retailed at like $400 when it came out. I expected the ball to just melt into the club face....it did not.

19. anonymous golfaholic

My gamer has a firm feel but it gives me more feedback as opposed to the white hot faces. I kind of prefer it.

BigJim13 likes this.
  20. ualtim

Cleveland CBX Wedges 54* and 58*.

More forgiving Wedges to go with my new Exotics irons. Kind of strange that almost every club in my bag is titled CBX even though they come different manufacturers. No individual pics of the Wedges, just a group pic of my clubs post regrip this morning. Pulled the Wedges out of the box as soon as FedEx delivered, pulled the plastic off, and ripped the grips off. Installed new grips across the irons, Wedges, and putters.

Irons, Wedges, and hybrids received Golf Pride mid size MCC Plus 4’s in gray, putters Super Stroke Traxion Tour XL 3.0’s (what a b!%@# to install) and Driver/3W in Lamkin Sonar midsize.
    6D20ABCB-F170-4257-A221-BBC8ACE530D0.