• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I'm not sure you have the swing speed for those.
finger.jpg

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I was at the course and I saw warbirdlover and smmmmokin. Warbirdlover showed me his yet again new... driver. The nike vapor. He gave me a old pro-v and I hit it once. But before I did, i found that I really liked the feel and the swing weight. I hit it, a beautiful little draw about 275. He said it was on sale at dicks for $179. I was about to head down and pick up a new set of Nike Vapor Fly Pros, and put in the NEW matrix ozik program shafts i ordered. As i was ringing up, the owner of the store asked me if i wanna buy a driver, a Nike Vapor. I said how much, he said $149! I asked what shaft, he replied regular. I told him i needed an X. He told me to wait. He went in back and came out with a brand new Diamana Blue Board 60X. Then put it in and gave it to me for nothing other than the $149. So, today I bought a new set of irons that were $899, got em for $599, and a driver that was $179 got it for $149, WITH a free upgrade to the $150 Diamana Blue Board. I got home and pulled the shafts on the irons, and put in the new Ozik matrix program 130s. I called Nike directly to get the irons with the shafts... $1480.00.... HAAAA i got them and saved over $640 putting them together myself. The only bad part is i didnt have enough fuereels so i have three blue three black and two white. But the shafts are white and red and black, the heads are black and blue and I'll throw on the golf pride multicompoud black and blue.

Oh, and the guy gave me a free bag that i can throw away when i get to the Championships. We are all getting new Embroidered bags.

Last edited:
OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I was at the course and I saw warbirdlover and smmmmokin. Warbirdlover showed me his yet again new... driver. The nike vapor. He gave me a old pro-v and I hit it once. But before I did, i found that I really liked the feel and the swing weight. I hit it, a beautiful little draw about 275. He said it was on sale at dicks for $179. I was about to head down and pick up a new set of Nike Vapor Fly Pros, and put in the NEW matrix ozik program shafts i ordered. As i was ringing up, the owner of the store asked me if i wanna buy a driver, a Nike Vapor. I said how much, he said $149! I asked what shaft, he replied regular. I told him i needed an X. He told me to wait. He went in back and came out with a brand new Diamana Blue Board 60X. Then put it in and gave it to me for nothing other than the $149. So, today I bought a new set of irons that were $899, got em for $599, and a driver that was $179 got it for $149, WITH a free upgrade to the $150 Diamana Blue Board. I got home and pulled the shafts on the irons, and put in the new Ozik matrix program 130s. I called Nike directly to get the irons with the shafts... $1480.00.... HAAAA i got them and saved over $640 putting them together myself. The only bad part is i didnt have enough fuereels so i have three blue three black and two white. But the shafts are white and red and black, the heads are black and blue and I'll throw on the golf pride multicompoud black and blue.

Oh, and the guy gave me a free bag that i can throw away when i get to the Championships. We are all getting new Embroidered bags.

giphy.gif

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

Your drive was longer then 275. :D

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Before and after. Before, Cleveland TA1 irons with Project X 6.0 shafts. Cleveland Hi Bore driver with Aldila RIP beta 50X. After, Nike Vapor Fly Pros, with Matrix Ozik Program 130 stiff. Nike Vapor Fly driver with Diamana Blue Board 60X. The new irons are butter smooth, and these shafts produces a higher spin rate, and even crappy range balls feel good. The driver has a nice swing weight feel, and nice sound on impact. I don't think I hit it any farther, but I have more confidence with it on the tee box. Probably not the best thing to change irons and driver a week before a National Championship. Lol

Oh yeah, I also pulled the Odyssey #9, and put back in the Scotty Cameron Futura.

Attachments

• 1476303138983.jpg
    1476303138983.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 1476303166178.jpg
    1476303166178.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 49

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Before and after. Before, Cleveland TA1 irons with Project X 6.0 shafts. Cleveland Hi Bore driver with Aldila RIP beta 50X. After, Nike Vapor Fly Pros, with Matrix Ozik Program 130 stiff. Nike Vapor Fly driver with Diamana Blue Board 60X. The new irons are butter smooth, and these shafts produces a higher spin rate, and even crappy range balls feel good. The driver has a nice swing weight feel, and nice sound on impact. I don't think I hit it any farther, but I have more confidence with it on the tee box. Probably not the best thing to change irons and driver a week before a National Championship. Lol
Sweet! The head is missing from that orange-shafted club, tho.......;)

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Lol, yeah, I took the alignment rod out for a little bit, but it will be going back in. Also, when I called to get the Nike vapor fly pro irons, I had them bent up 2 degrees. It's amazing what you can do with clubs when they fit you.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
GEEZER GOLF!!!!!! Picked up a brand new set of 2015 Callaway Big Bertha irons! Look just like a set of hybrid irons. Bound to be great for us old geezers who need something even bigger than shovels. These should be like "excavators".... Cat 245 size!!!!

Will play them tomorrow and try to post pictures. Have a couple photos, but also have a 75 lb. black lab sitting on my lap which makes even typing this extremely difficult!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.