• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
View attachment 28719 View attachment 28720 View attachment 28721

I really lucked out. It was supposed to be the "standard" model but came and was the "pro" model with adjustable loft and draw or fade. And it had a $89 sticker on it. Here's the pics. Is this a good deal?

View attachment 28716 View attachment 28717 View attachment 28718
Durn right, it's a good deal!!!!! Even though I was never a fan of Nike, they made some good equipment. The Covert line was one of their better ones!!!! We've got 60's and 70's all week next week. Tee times already set. When can we expect you?????:D

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Just bought a car! Have to fly to Glasgow in Scotland to pick it up. Get it Sunday! More to follow.
3330321464_148ac7f136_b.jpg

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
That steel shaft is 67g?
For some reason I was thinking about my Cleveland SL290. Yes, the R540 is heavier, but nearly as heavy as the Titleist 983K with the X100 in it. I took the R540 to the range yesterday. There was a head wind so it was hard to judge the distance. However, accuracy was great. it was like throwing darts out there.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
For some reason I was thinking about my Cleveland SL290. Yes, the R540 is heavier, but nearly as heavy as the Titleist 983K with the X100 in it. I took the R540 to the range yesterday. There was a head wind so it was hard to judge the distance. However, accuracy was great. it was like throwing darts out there.
I thought that pic was the SL290. My bad.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I thought that pic was the SL290. My bad.
The R540 is the one I bought from the gut over at Golf Buzz then sand blasted and tumbled. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I'm going to give my V-Steels the same treatment.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just bought a car! Have to fly to Glasgow in Scotland to pick it up. Get it Sunday! More to follow.
Can someone who speaks Irish read a Scottish owner's manual? I assume the steering wheel is on the wrong side, no matter which of those countries the auto comes from? Do you have to wear kilts to pick up the car, then change back into your regular clothes once you leave Scotland? Inquiring minds want to know.......:D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Durn right, it's a good deal!!!!! Even though I was never a fan of Nike, they made some good equipment. The Covert line was one of their better ones!!!! We've got 60's and 70's all week next week. Tee times already set. When can we expect you?????:D
In an hour or so....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.