• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim, never mind those clubs, you need to paint that window fella!
That and a number of other projects around the house I haven't gotten to! Winter is coming though so maybe I can get caught up!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My wife loads up the list of things to do all spring/summer/deer hunting season...then finally around December-March, I get around to doing it...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I nabbed a Callaway X Utility 2 Iron yesterday.

I have a 2 iron CB in the bag, but I miss the forgiveness of a "utlility" from the fairway. Elevating a 2 iron from the deck is no easy chore.

Hell, Ernie won an Open with 3 of these bitches in his bag. It's gotta be a game changer, right? Right?

R35

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I sold that 3 wood that I had listed on here for over twice what I paid for it on the bay! So, after fees I'm only about $26 out of pocket on this:
MP76uGY.jpg
u53iXKw.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
SWEET!!! My inner Ho has been wanting a set of these for awhile. If you decide to part ways with them, hit me up.
Dreading tomorrow morning. If I put 'em in the bag, the son-in-law will go total bonkers trying to talk me out of them. He's still playing an old set of MP32's he got from me about 5 years ago. The grooves are pretty well worn down. He's got a beautiful set of original Eye2's 2-SW that are in excellent shape. I'll see how these blades play. If he gets too upset over me having them in my bag, I may just trade him for the Eye2's and keep them as my back-up set.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Dreading tomorrow morning. If I put 'em in the bag, the son-in-law will go total bonkers trying to talk me out of them. He's still playing an old set of MP32's he got from me about 5 years ago. The grooves are pretty well worn down. He's got a beautiful set of original Eye2's 2-SW that are in excellent shape. I'll see how these blades play. If he gets too upset over me having them in my bag, I may just trade him for the Eye2's and keep them as my back-up set.
Sounds like a plan!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Lost the bid on the Hogan Radial Jr. but won this little beauty, going to try and clean her up when she arrives.
J Blade.jpg
J Blade2.jpg

J Blade3.jpg

J Blade4.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Ya just built a purty putter. Now ya go and buy another one??!!?? That J-Blade will be a good match with the Zing 2's in your bag. If you like a blade style putter, the J-Blade is a good one!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The FrankenPutter isn't going anywhere, it's staying in the bag. Just wanted another project. I'm a ho with gas (gear acquisition syndrome).

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, picked up a brand new R1 TP, today. The TP doesn't seem to be any different from the standard R1, except for the upgrade shaft. Both have the RIP Phenom. The standard R1 Phenom is .350 tip, 58 gr., and 3.4 torque. The TP Phenom is .335 tip, 65 gr., and 2.8 torque. This is definitely not an "ol' man's" shaft. Can't wait, though, to get it on the course. (We've got sleet, ice, and snow mix falling right now. Highs tomorrow and Saturday not to break the freezing mark.) The TEE I've been hitting, ever since it's vacation to Vermont, has a fairly strong shaft. I've been hitting it well. Just want to squeeze a little more out of the driver. Don't we all.... This thing has the ultimate in adjustability.
They've brought out the R1 in black. I first thought I wanted the black rather than the white. Sitting both down side by side, the graphics on the white really appealed to me vs. the glare off the gloss black. So, it's the ugly white one.

The driver is about the only thing I've been even thinking about changing/adding. Picked up the Bridgestone blades that are beauties and make a great backup set. Still plenty happy with the old tried and true Eye 2+ BeCu irons for day to day play. The R9 fairways are money. The White Ice #7 is working, but have a number of backup putters in the basement. I carry an old 3h Callaway hybrid I dearly love. The Eye 2+ wedges match the irons and I know their personality well. I have considered picking up a couple of "typical style" wedges to go with the Bridgestone blades if and when I decide to put them to work.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Limp, have you hit those BStones yet? I saw some J36's at Golfsmith's the other day and they were stunning.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.