• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Ordered 3 drivers:

Taylor Made r7 superquad tp: bought for the shaft (Blueboard 63) but really like the look of the head. Plus, it's tour issues with the COR stamp (meaning it was COR tested for use in a PGA event), which is cool and basically doubles the resale. It's not the loft I wanted, 9.5, so unless I bomb it the head is gone.

Callaway Razr Hawk Tour: it's 10.5 and I have one if these heads already. This I bought for the shaft (fubuki tour 63) which I really like.

Taylor Made R580XD: my plan is to put either the fubuki or Blueboard in this head and play that. I can't imagine it's shorter than any driver today but we shall see. It was only $26 and I'm curious about playing a 10 yr old driver.

After all is said and done I expect to profit from selling all but one head and one shaft, so I will basically have a free driver with a high end shaft.

What can I say, it's how to ho!

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Ordered 3 drivers:

Taylor Made r7 superquad tp: bought for the shaft (Blueboard 63) but really like the look of the head. Plus, it's tour issues with the COR stamp (meaning it was COR tested for use in a PGA event), which is cool and basically doubles the resale. It's not the loft I wanted, 9.5, so unless I bomb it the head is gone.

Callaway Razr Hawk Tour: it's 10.5 and I have one if these heads already. This I bought for the shaft (fubuki tour 63) which I really like.

Taylor Made R580XD: my plan is to put either the fubuki or Blueboard in this head and play that. I can't imagine it's shorter than any driver today but we shall see. It was only $26 and I'm curious about playing a 10 yr old driver.

After all is said and done I expect to profit from selling all but one head and one shaft, so I will basically have a free driver with a high end shaft.

What can I say, it's how to ho!
Before you sell any of those let me know.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Didn't buy crap, but I took a scotch brite pad to my woods and my hybrid, and made rg black finishes matte!

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Didn't buy crap, but I took a scotch brite pad to my woods and my hybrid, and made rg black finishes matte!
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1402760650.856750.jpg
seven wood on the right, give wood on the left before surgery

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Nut, it's time to upgrade that sig.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I bought a set of the original Nike Slingshots today, 3-PW. Guy told me $20, I felt bad and gave him $40(we're friends), so he threw in a Cleveland 56°. :)

I cleaned them up and they are mint! They are a chunky iron with a thick sole and top line but they are more compact with a little less offset than a lot of GI irons. Cool irons, imo.

I threw them in my old Cardinals bag and added my old Titleist 909 driver, 910 hybrid and a Vokey 60°. I thought it would make a decent set for my little brother. He is just 14 but he is strong enough for the shafts, I think.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Grabbed some decent JPX 800 pro irons online last night.
Have been using some old TM R7's for a couple years now and my mate got some new Adams irons and I couldn't help but feel like I need to upgrade too.
Any used/using these?
Have read good stuff about them. Only negative comments regarding looks is all I found which I can get used to no doubt.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.